Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

But would you sacrifice your country to enable the world to survive?

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Yes. I like existing. A lot. There's bonsai and wine and orgasms.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Dead_pool

Good man, but what about trump voters?

If they say no, why do they say no, do they not believe the threat, or do they just not care?

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

May nobody on MAP become a public relations officer for a political campaign trying to win over people on the other side.

I'm such a lost child in the political landscape because I actively don't vote. My lack of voting doesn't come with the common reason, rather that I like to remain neutral. I get a lot of crap for that but I honestly believe trying to look at things in a neutral manner is uncommon, in the circles I engage in anyways. I should copy/paste my conversations with "the other side" since the conversation is left biased on MAP so how I react to those isn't exactly expressed.

Honestly most of the things being discussed is not affecting people's day to day life in the hyperbolic manner people make it out to be. The things people are in an uproar about happen the same way violence happens in war honestly. Long bouts of doing nothing and boredom, then short bursts of chaos. Sometimes people are in chaos all the time, while others are going to experience nothing but the boredom but those would be the rare extremes. It's pretty unfortunate that people either take the side of "these people are ALWAYS in the chaos" while the other side is saying, "No, they're ALWAYS in the boredom."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
  5. Ero-Sennin

I mean, 50% of 7 billion people is more than enough people for there to be a comeback for the human race. Since I live here and am invested to some degree in partaking in the U.S. society, damn the rest of the world if it comes down to that.

#BannedFromMAPBecauseTheUKIsn'tTheU.S. : P

6. Ero-Sennin

I didn't know that word was against ToS. I cannot find an edit option to fix it. Sorry.

[Mod] Got it. Thanks for taking ownership. Maybe it's just my moderator privilege, but when I'm logged in, I see a small "Edit" option in blue at the bottom of each post, next to the time stamp. [/Mod]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
  7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

The message you're sending is that this is your one issue and it's more important than the other person's one issue. I'm all for having opinions but at the end of the day -- your one issue is not more important than mine. It's not.

Ero's point (and I share it) is that people are more than just one issue. When multiple issues compete people sometimes have to hold their nose and vote for the proverbial "lesser of two evils." And that itself does NOT make them indirectly racist even if it tangentially, indirectly contributes to a status quo. Why? Because they voted for something bigger, something mightily more important. Why? Because your one issue is not more important than theirs.

Truly, you insult when you insist otherwise. It's no secret that my wife is southeast Asian. That means my children are half-breeds and hated by the KKK, yes. Her brother is Black. They're both adopted. Her cousin, also adopted, is Brown (Guatamala). I'm not getting along with the KKK, very obviously. Her other cousin, white, married a woman from the country India and moved there permanently and has several children. White, Black, Brown, Yellow, and Indian-Asian brown -- I think I have every color except Red in my extended family. Oh, wait, Black brother-in-law married a woman who is part Indian. We have all the colors. And yet here you come, insisting that the people in my family who voted for Trump (some, not all, did) are racist? Really? You really think that will fly in my house? You want to think that through?

Pfffttt. You insult.

8. Dead_pool

so the question was - (reworded for clarity

''So would you rather a 50% chance, of ALL of humanity going extinct but the USA survives (in the winning 50%), or the USA definatly ending but humanity as a whole having a 100% chance of surviving?''

So its not 50% of everyone surviving, but 50% chance, of everyone dying as a big group in a mass extinction, Does that make sense now? or am I writing this in a confusing fashion?

9. Dead_pool

So when trump said there were many fine people, marching on the side of the KKK, Nazi and white supremacists, (who would hate your children,and within living memory have killed people for their racial background) do you still think trump is the lessor of two evils?

How do you intellectually reconcile that?

10. Ero-Sennin

So I have a 50% chance of living, or a 100% chance of dying.

Or do you mean to say the USA dissolves as a nation?

11. Ero-Sennin

I honestly don't see an "edit" button anywhere? I also really had no idea that word wouldn't fly. I feel like that was a new addition to the "words we must never write on MAP." Is there a list of these words so I know next time?

Also I know I'm supposed to be typing this sort of thing in a PM with a mod, but it doesn't show me what mod edited my post so I'm kinda' stuck ::tear::

12. Dead_pool

a) Personally yes, but to balance the choice, humanity as a whole, either has a 50% chance of living or a 100% chance of living.

b) No destroyed for good, but culturally its impact will remain.

13. Ero-Sennin

My answer doesn't change then.

You're giving me a 50% chance everyone I love and care about dies while framing it as if the human race wouldn't survive with 350 million people left to continue the species if the USA lives, vs. a 100% chance everyone I care about and have invested my life in dies. I care about other people. I care about other people at the expense of myself. I don't care about other people at the expense of those I care about.

14. Ero-Sennin

Sigh*, I really wish there was an edit button. The hypothetical is a bit confusing for me.

15. Dead_pool

Sorry, but again thats not the question,

Ill try to reword it better

'So would you rather a 50% chance, of ALL of humanity going extinct but if were lucky and All of humanity survives, so does the USA, or the USA definitely ending but humanity as a whole having a 100% chance of surviving?''

So its a test of whether you want to conserve the larger group as a whole/our species (humans) more then you want to conserve your smaller sub group/country.

So 50% chance of extinction including a 50% chance of all your USA based loved ones dying, or no extinction but 100% chance all your USA based loved ones dying.

16. Ero-Sennin

That is the part I would have edited out good sir. >: O

Answer remains the same without the bolded.

You frame it as if humanity is important to the universe or something. ::scoffs::.

17. Dead_pool

Which is why people with your viewpoint don't want to sort out the very real extinction threats we face.

Nuclear war, and global warming all need the world to act as one, but petty squabbling about local transitory issues risks all that.

18. Dead_pool

We're the only intelligent life that has been discovered so far, it looks like intelligence is astonishingly rare, it would really be a shame if we winked out of existence before really getting going.

Look at how far we've come in the last 300 years, to deny life to the countless generations unborn, because of petty squabbles is just unforgivable.

19. Ero-Sennin

What a crock of horse manure.

"Here's a hypothetical that implies the instances that will occur will happen overnight, cast your vote!" does not transfer to "I just summed up you and people like you, not caring about the issues we face today." Like, get out of here with that man. That's so intellectually dishonest.

It's the ignorant vs. the misinformed, the anti-intellectuals vs. the pseudo intellectuals. And ain't nobody winning.

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

We can't really make such a list, for at least 2 reasons. First, if typed normally, all of the words would appear as " ***** ". Not helpful. :oops: And second, putting spaces between the letters to defeat the filter would itself defeat the purpose of having the filter in the first place -- because now all the unfriendly words are right there on the screen. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.