True Happiness

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jim, May 31, 2004.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

Can you remember a time when you were unequivically the happiest ever? How long ago was it and could you ever get back to that place?

2. Stealth

Stealth New Member

I think infants are truly happy. They are ignorant of the sadness of the world. I don't think you can go back to that happy ignorance.

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

You can never go back.

Only forwards. ;)

4. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

I was like eight with my best friend, and we played Super Smash Brothers for the N64 and listened to techno music while we played. His cousin is cool, and he was there too. Nope, can't go back.

5. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Yeah, all my best memories were playing Mario when I was little. Nintendo used to rock!

6. Jim

Jim New Member

I didn't mean can you go back to that time, I just mean can you find a way to make yourself as happy as when you were then?

7. Princess

Princess New Member

Funny, I always used to think... "Is it a blessing to be ignorant of all the lies, blindness and sadness of the world or is it more of a blessing to see, feel and know it all?" ... "being young and innocent is a more a blessing of being old and wise..?"

What is it that you think?

Regards... ~ This Princess.

8. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

There was a time.. But there are some things you can never bring back.
    Or maybe that time never even happened, im not sure anymore..All i know is, its not here now, and wont ever be, but i would give anything to have it..

9. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

What? Nintendo still rocks. I'm currently focusing on Onimusha 3 for PS2, but I'll play the occasional N64. My favorites were Super Smash Bros., South Park, Mortal Kombat Trillogy (sp?), and Mario World.

I know I can't go back in time, but the only way I can really bring back the experience is to get my best friend and his cousin, re-arange his room back to how it used to be, and set up the game and console, and listen to techno Eifel 65. When we're done, we'd throw little army guys at each other. lol

10. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

I spent the night at my best friend's house and his cousin was there, and we played games. lol Then, they played some old hockey game for regular Playstation with the worst graffics, poor controls, and bad sound system, yet...........it was still great.

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

No one instance comes to mind, but the day I passed the checkride for my private pilot's license; that came close!

I don't think it's possible to be perfectly happy in this world, but one thing that helps is to stop carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. Lighten up a bit... "All the problems in the world" are not your fault, nor can you do much to solve them, so don't worry about anything you can't directly control.

Matthew 6:27 Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span?

Matthew 6:34 Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.

Find happiness in the little things of life. A cool summer day, a hammock in the shade, peaceful surroundings, chirping birds, a good book, and a pitcher of iced tea will do it for me!

12. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I don't mean to gloat but I really have a hard time imagining being happier than I am right now. My kids are at a stage where they are wonderful companions and still like to be with me and hold my hand when we are in public. My husband is healthy and active and spoils me rotten. I am healthy and active and can provide for myself. Except for losing my grandmother last year and a recent loss, my entire family is still alive and healthy and with new additions to boot! My husband's and my companies are doing well so we are financially secure. I am in my dream house on my dream property. I am able to study the Martial Arts that I want to with incredible instructors. So, really how could I be happier? I would be a very spoiled person to demand more of life to make me happier. (okay, I lied, I would be a little happier if I don't embarass myself in the tournament this weekend)

13. Princess

Princess New Member

nods... I will bear that in mind... thank-you Kinjiro.

14. Princess

Princess New Member

I'm happy for you Mrs Owt!!! That's the spirit...be content with yourself and counts all your blessings in life. Oh! and good luck for the tournament this week... tell us how it goes! (smiles)

(hugs) ~ This Princess.

15. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

Probably not that long ago when i made a decision to train really hard and not stop trying. It's basically the time i self motivated totally to MA. (understand?)

The time a made a great decision and a promise to myself. It gave me a taste of freedom - Freedom=true happiness for me anyway.