Trevor Nicholls

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Simon, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Have any of you guys in the London/Middlesex area trained with Master Trevor Nicholls.

I believe his classes are in the Hillingdon/Uxbridge areas.

No hidden agenda, he is the brother of my boss.

2. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Valued Member

I was at his seminar few times.

Beautiful spent time!!

3. chrispillertkd

chrispillertkd Valued Member

I have not but my instructor has been to a couple seminars with Master Nicholls and was impressed (and coming from him that's high praise!). Very powerful individual from what I understand.

Pax,

Chris

4. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Valued Member

Your instructor is right! I don't know about you, but any master from ITF executives, is such a powerful individual and person.

Talking about them, i also was at few seminar's of Parm Rai, and once at two hour dinner with him and my Instructor. He is such a beautiful person and martial artist, someone could write a book about him. He inspired me so much.

Don't want to promote them, they are people to, but as i saw beautiful people.

5. ayrshiretkd

ayrshiretkd Valued Member

I hosted master Nicholls for a seminar and black belt grading in november and can honestly say he is a legend. apart from his tkd ability ( have you seen the video of his 10 board break with a back kick ) he is down to earth and a genuinley nice guy. An example is when he came all the way from london to scotland and never took a penny, instead telling us to put all the seminar fees into our fundraising and he even paid for his own flights!!. You don't get much better than that in my book when a lot of tkd is just take take take.

6. Simon

Like I said in my opening post Trevor is the brother of my boss, so I will certainly be able to pass on that praise.

As for the video, is that the one where all of the students fail to break the boards and as Master Nicholls steps up the clip slows down and the music for the bionic man is played? he then breaks all the boards.

7. ayrshiretkd

ayrshiretkd Valued Member

the very same video although it seems to have dissapeared from the internet.

8. Simon

I do have a copy at work. I will see if I can get permission to post it.

9. chrispillertkd

Mr. Black, my instructor hosted Master Rai for a seminar a few years ago and I can say he is an amazing technician, as well as instructor and his knowledge of Taekwon-Do culture and etiquette is second to none. He is unbelievably powerful. Every time I've trained with him, talked with him or had dinner with him he's been an absolute gentleman, just what one expects a real martial artist to be like.

I had the pleasure of being Master Rai's partner when he was demonstrating during the seminar and he had me demonstrate several tul, too. My legs were jelly when we finally broke for lunch (before the black belt only session)!

I'll never forget being his partner for his infamous abdominal conditioning exercises! LOL I noticed I had bruises on my abs in the shape of the ball of his feet when I went home to change for dinner!

I learned a ton at that seminar but being asked to perfrom Ge-Baek along with him in front of everyone was a real honor!

Pax,

Chris

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  10. chrispillertkd

Heh, that video was taken at one of the seminars my instructor was at with Master Nicholls. He told me about the break when I talked to him and was very impressed. Master Nicholls made it look like nothing to break that stack of boards.

Pax,

Chris

11. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Valued Member

Yes, i forget to mention, his tehniques and power, so as knowledge of everything of Taekwondo are unbelieveable.

I also had honor to do some exercices and tuls in pair with him. :)

About the bruises, LOL :)

Yes, indeed person and martial artist worth of admiration.

12. AndyT

AndyT Valued Member

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

They all weakened it for him.
    Like when I try to get the lid off a jar then hand it to my missus and then she does it. :)