Travel-Cambodia

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by SecurityAdvisor, May 22, 2004.

1. SecurityAdvisor

SecurityAdvisor Valued Member

Hello All,

Are any of you either from or have travelled to Cambodia? If so, would you share some of your impressions. I'm considering making a trip in November and am attempting to learn as much as possible. I'm reading a travel guide and am pretty familar with the country's recent history, but direct infromation is always of value.

Thank you,

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Some quick thoughts. Be very careful hiring anyone as a guide, they've been known to take you to the thieves. Anytime you travel outside of the cities, be extremely careful identifying yourself as an American (if you are). We don't have a very good reputation right now. If your so inclined, it is believed that "hostesses" within Cambodia, have some of the highest rates of AIDS in the world. Food is cheap, spicy, ice is almost non-existent so your drinks are usually warm except in the bars. People are VERY friendly. Take lots of little trinkets as gifts, balloons, gum, combs are very popular outside of the cities. The children will love you, have fun!

3. SecurityAdvisor

SecurityAdvisor Valued Member

Thank you Kwajman,

Your advice is helpful and much appreciated. The trip is a sposored by a church missions organization, so we'll alot of the logistics already taken care of for us. I also understand what you mean about keeping a low profile as an American.