Training footage

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Hannibal, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Does Singh ever do any competitive fighting at all?

I always watch these kinds of things with a grain of salt (towards my own judgment), because I always view it through combative sport eyes. I see, "hands are down there, not guarding there, crossing legs there" etc. but from everything you say about your training it's not really based in a formatted style (like boxing, kick boxing, muay thai, wrestling, etc.). I'm also aware that even well trained people don't exactly execute trained technique beautifully in a completely open format either. I'm wondering if he does or has done anything competition wise, he seems like the type of guy who could adjust to a format pretty easy though.

It's hard watching the video because the skill level difference of Singh and the people he was sparring with was quite apparent, especially when they lost psychologically about midway through. Singh controlled everything from the pace to what punches/kicks would land. When a guy can tap you in the face in a full speed exchange . . . . . :p. For a demo video, that's entirely appropriate obviously, you're trying to get a point across and most people aren't going to be able to deal with a well trained person anyways. I guess I'm just interested in seeing Singh fight with somebody near his level. Some of the editing was really funny. :D

I fully expect to see you sparring with him, both wearing full out Tapout gear, and soon!

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

He doesn't compete per se, but he spars with 4x World champion BJJ, has trained at BJ Penn's gym, sparred Bill Wallace, trained muay thai/savate etc, has several boxing and MMA pros he trains and teaches (and spars with) and he can also kick the snot out of me :)

3. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Loved that spinning heel kick! :D