To the ladies of MAP!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by karate princess, Feb 24, 2007.

?

Do you wear make-up to class?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. Sometimes

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

And as Melanie (I think) has said, training is training and not a pick up joint...

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

That's right V.running round sweaty with hair all over the face is not a good look if trying to pull! :love:

3. Victoria

That's what I'm doing wrong, I need to tie my hair back! :D

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lolol ! :p

Exactly why I grew mine longer.

5. Victoria

Mines getting a little too long. Even when tied back it's a pain. Plus I always forget/forget I have a bobble :rolleyes:

But depending on the art, make-up is ridiculous! Should be banned for health and safety reasons

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

See,the boys just don't realise all the things we have to deal with ! :p

7. Victoria

Like...them?? :D

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

;) Of course. :p

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Of course the sight of hot, sweaty, panting women, with their chests heaving and the moisture glistening is a total... :eek: :love: I'm going to go take a shower now.

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol BC! :rolleyes:

Men are so odd! :p

11. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

I'd never deliberately wear make-up to class. Dont see the point. However on the rare occasions that I'm already wearing it I wouldnt bother my **** to remove it either! ;)

12. SonOfGrimmy

SonOfGrimmy Valued Member

I think wearing makeup to class is a bad idea not to mention bordering on disrespectful.

You run the risk of getting make up on someone else when you spar or whatever with them and you can also get it on their uniform.
    If a girl wore make up to class I'd ask the instructor not to pair me up with them

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lighten up!

We don't all have time to de-makeup ourselves before class when we work,get home and go out to class again. :rolleyes:

14. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I keep telling Rags that same thing, but it just doesn't seem to sink in. :rolleyes: :D :p

15. SonOfGrimmy

Okay ;)

Maybe it depends on which MA you practice. For somethere where their may not be a lot of body contact, say TKD or karate or something? It wouldn't be such a big deal. For Aikido Judo or BJJ etc.. it might be more of an issue.

How long does it take someone to 'de makeup'?

16. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

You could say that about men who wear hair products. Do you refuse to train with them too?

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I don't do grappling or anything,and to be honest by the time I get to class most of it has worn off.

Removing makeup just isn't always my first priority when getting home,sorting my stuff out for training and all the other things us women have to do.

18. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Lol, longer than it takes to put make-up on!

19. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

besides that, some of us dont' even GET to go home before we hit the club....

it's not a question of respect at all - it's a question of time, primarily. there are a number of women who come to our club with makeup on - it's just not an issue.

20. SonOfGrimmy

Depending on what they have in their hair yes.
    If the stuff they put in their hair is getting all over my uniform staining it or it's getting smeared on my face then yes deffinatly I would choose not to train with them. Guys are no different.

Again it's a matter of the situation and I still think it's respect.
    If your make-up isn't bothering anyone then who cares. If it's an obvious problem then it's a matter of respect for the other students.

The same applies to someone who would come to class filthy with a dirty uniform and mud and scum on them from not bathing.
    OR someone who dumps cologne and perfume on and smell like a CK Avatar.

Respect for other students. If it's not an issue then you answered the question, it's not an issue. When it effects other members then it is.

Times always always an issue I know. Especially with students or us working.
    Probably the only thing about my dojo I don't like is that it doesn't have a shower there.