This week

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cooler, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Applause!

Louis Pastore's Article is the most interesting MA related article I've read in years.

Thanks Louie.

3. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

high praise indeed i'll read it when i'm a bit more awake.

4. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Good Poems too.:D

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I didn't mean anything by not commenting on the poetry.

It's a very personal thing, and I didn't have anything appropriate to say. :D

6. WhiteWizard

I read the article it is very good and interesting i always thought there had to be someway that MA was trained in Scotland with all the wars and the like going on. Plus we were never the best equipped or biggest army so good training must have been needed

7. timmeh!

timmeh! New Member

Really interesting article! Had to laugh at one of the names for a technique:

"Buckie; A smart blow, especially on the jaw"

To explain to those outside of Scotland, 'Buckie' is the nickname for Buckfast fortified wine, made by Monks (in the south of England somewhere). 'Buckie' is the national drink of certain members of populace in Scotland and has been known to create the effect of 'A smart blow, especially on the jaw' either from a lengthy session on the stuff, or from one who is intoxicated with it.
    Ironic but true...

8. WhiteWizard

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Enjoyed the poems! And thank you, Louis, for educating us about a side of the martial arts that's not very familiar to many of us. Looking forward to more.

10. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Hello All..
    Thanks for the encouraging comments.

Scottish Soldiers were the body guards of European Kings & Prince's and had Scottish regiments in the armies of France, Sweden, Poland, Germany & Russia... They would have had access into every fighting style & technique used throughout Europe...

These techniques can be found today in illustrated European fighting manuals so there is a wealth of information on European MA almost identical to Eastern MA, from eyejabs to armlocks, knees, kicks & headbuts...

Keep an open mind!

Louie

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Excellent article Louie but now we want more!

Col