This one's for all the slow posters out there

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Paratus, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

This thread is for all you slow posters out there. The ones who've been here for a long time and still don't have half the posts someone who's been here half the time you've been here has ;)

Take me for example, I've been here since July 2003, and only have 901 posts :D All 900+ of them extremely well thought out and constructive to the site.....erm....yeah....shut up it's true. So stand up and be recognized here tortoises of MAP, be heard! :D

And hey, I might break 1000 before the year is out

2. qbushido

qbushido Subaru whore/NYC kid

guilty as charged.

3. totalkayos

totalkayos Valued Member

i too am gulity.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

That's me. 377 posts since February and there are people who signed up in July that have broken 1000. I like to think it's quality over quantity though. Plus, I spent about four months lurking

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I've been here almost a year and I've only made just over 200 posts. However, unlike Paratus and his lies, my posts are extremely well presented and written with a command of English unseen since Billy Shakespeare put quill to paper :D

However, I had made up for my lack of posts with a cracking journal. Just look at these reviews:

'A power emotional story' - The Times

'I cried like a kitten that's been dropped on it's head' - CNN

'I'm first in line to buy the rights to the movie, but it needs more CGI dewbacks' - George Lucas

'I love him' - Amanda Beard (US Olympic swim team)

'Me too' - Courtney Kuperts (US Gymnastics team)

*Disclamier: All reviews may have been taken out of context :p

:love: ​

6. Mark_Campbell

Mark_Campbell Valued Member

been on here a month and this is all i managed, however my excuse is its sometimes funnier to just read

7. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I guess that I’m included in this but now I have one more. :D

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Look at me! I'm only on 1300-odd posts since December 03 :(

Being overtaken by JohnnyX :cry:

9. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

I could't have said it better myself...

10. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

Trying to break the 1000 mark before i) I get a new job, and ii) I die trying. One year, and only 800 - its gotta be quality all the way.

People like Scarlet and Richierich make me sick...:D

11. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

That is right dude, sometimes some people do just seem to repeat what has been said on a thread before, just to get their name on it.

Or maybe they are having a competieion with someone to get their score up!! If their aint much use in sayin it why say it, and if its already been said why repeat it?? We are all guilty of it to a degree, some more than others though, so from now on i solemnly promise not to repeat what someone has said, and change a few words to seem clever! Maybe ;)

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I agree :Angel:

13. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Oh, you're on THE LIST now, buddy! :woo: :D

14. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

...ahh, what do the numbers really mean? I would rather post (or read) one intelligent post once in a while than 100 pointless ones. And yes, I of course assume that my posts are intelligent...don't we all?

So when the number of posts start being mentioned in a competative light, I start thinking I am hanging out with a bunch of teenage guys comparing penis size (small penis syndrome).

So, let's change the dynamic, shall we? How may intelligent and/or helpful posts have you guys been contributing to the forum...the ones not purely intended to raise the numbers?

15. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

I'm glad that you agree!!!

16. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Ι'm here for 4 months or so , but my post count is about 500.

I must be one of the people who just type BS or repeat what has already been said then.

17. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Those guys who post a lot should look at themselves, it is truely disgusting to see!! Ah! the horror! :D :Angel:

18. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Spoken by a guy who has racked up over a thousand posts in three months! :D :D :D

19. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

I jumped up 300 posts by saying things based on absolute lies, BSing, and stating the obvious. 200 posts were actually original, 10 were insightful, 1 was praised ( :cry: ) and the rest were all in reply to one word post games.

20. Yoksha

Yoksha Valued Member

Been here since February and only got 112 posts (no 113 now).

But thats because I'm usually out HAVING A LIFE rather than letting my **** get fat(ter) sitting at my computer.

Not that I'm suggesting that anyone on MAP is a fat arsed loser...oh no....not me.....never say such a thing.
    :)