Things that are NOT ninja or ninjutsu --

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Brad Ellin, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Movies (especially those with Sho Kosugi); video games, yes, even the ones with "Ninja" in the title; books by Eric Van Lustbader; Ashida Kim; the kid with the "Ultimate Power" web site, Hollywood movies and TV series (Remember "The Last Ninja" or "The Master"?), someone "claiming" to be a ninja master or soke with no credentials to back it up. Remember the Japanese were very careful about record keeping. And some white guy from the Broonx is hardly going to be given the scrolls and title of Soke to a genuine Ninja Ryu.
    I'm sure we'll come up with more soon enough.

So please, if you're idea of ninjutsu or your so-called skills come from any of the above, please don't waste my time or any other of the forum members. We practitioners of Ninjustu take our art as seriously as those of any other Martial Art. We try hard to dispel the myth and lies and rumours, but some of you just don't get it. I for one will start ignoring the trolls and baiters and assorted other forum flotsam. If you have legitimate questions or comments, I welcome them. Otherwise.....

2. Supa Nova

Supa Nova Banned Banned

Q.)was this directed at me???
    A .)yes

Answer: No. Not entirely at you although you have to admit, you have made a few of the ofore mentioned mistakes. The other folks know who they are. Don't be mistaken, I understand curiosity when it comes to ninjutsu. All the hype and myth and legend. Some of which we still keep. However, certain things just give us a bad name or make the repeater of such look stupid. I'd rather educate, than have someone go thru life looking like an idiot when the answers are right there.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2004
  3. Tudoggz

Tudoggz Valued Member

well said :) i get sick of ppl who dont take our art seriously :D

peace
    mick

4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Q.)was this directed at me???
    A .)yes

Answer: No. Not entirely at you although you have to admit, you have made a few of the afore mentioned mistakes. The other folks know who they are. Don't be mistaken, I understand curiosity when it comes to ninjutsu. All the hype and myth and legend. Some of which we still keep. However, certain things just give us a bad name or make the repeater of such look stupid. I'd rather educate, than have someone go thru life looking like an idiot when the answers are right there.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  5. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Well said Kurohana. I haven't been here very long, but it's already getting old and tired. Is there any way to get the mods to lock and toss any useless threads like that ASAP?

Edit: Right. I guess you are a mod, Kurohana. Do you have the mod ninja powers to lock and toss that kind of stuff?

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

He does indeed.

If you spot a thread, press the "Report Post" button, or PM Kurohana or a Global mod.

Also this is not aimed at anyone in particular, but if do you think it is aimed at you, maybe you should have a think about why that is?

7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I think the point is made, so I'm locking this down. Please be aware, that just because I think something is stupid or silly or non-productive, I'm not always going to lock it down. Sometimes, I'll just let people vent, until it becomes personal or abusive. Sometimes, I won't. I'll just lock the sucker or delete it entirely. That hasn't happened yet. Please, don't push it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.