The US losing 1500 kids.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, May 27, 2018.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Go on then, word it differently.

Your statement seems pretty clear to me.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

I defend people right to freedom of religion, whilst calling out all the harm they do in the world.

Which in short is your first amendment rights.

Are you against the Consitition?

pgsmith likes this.
  3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I do that. :D

Sorry what were we talking about?

Anyway, excuse me, as I have to go look in the mirror. :cool:

pgsmith likes this.
  4. Dead_pool

It's a good job the KKK didn't use massive burning symbols of your religion then isn't it..... Oh wait.... this is akward....

Lily, aaradia and Mitlov like this.
  5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

You know what though? I find it hard to be too angry at people who believe what mainstream media and the president of their country tells them. There is so much propaganda stating that Muslims are taking over Europe, instating Sharia law and taking all the top governmental jobs.

[​IMG]

Southpaw535, pgsmith and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

This thread took a BaaaAaAahhhhddd turn.

#SheepJokes

Van Zandt, Lily, pgsmith and 4 others like this.
  7. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

I bet the posters feel pretty sheepish now!

#SheepJokes

Dead_pool likes this.
  8. Dead_pool

Would it be against TOS to call Anjelica the black sheep of the MAP family?

pgsmith likes this.
  9. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Well, he has tried repeatedly to pull the wool over our eyes!

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Are you kidding me? Go read up on lynchings of African American people in the history of the US. :mad:

Chimpcheng, pgsmith and Dead_pool like this.
  11. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Back on topic, more people on both sides of the aisle (including former First Lady Laura Bush) are now directly comparing Trump's child separation at the border to Japanese-American internment during WWII. It makes me sick to even think about it.

Edit: this is regarding the issue of separating children (including toddlers and babies) from their parents at the border and warehousing them in cages , not the issue of placing unaccompanied minors with sponsors.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    philosoraptor and David Harrison like this.
  12. David Harrison

I just heard that some flight attendants are talking about refusing to go on flights taking these kids to detention centres too.

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Yeah, I am home now and not done dealing with the utter complete profound ignorance of history in this statement! :mad: Not only were racial lynchings in America often done in the name of using Christianity as a justification, but MANY other people were killed in the name of Christ.

Salem Witch Trials anyone? Heck, those had a low death count compared to the European Witch trials. For quick reference I will use Wikipedia, because if you do research into other sources, you will see these statements hold up elsewhere. Oh and many of them were hanged. Organized government lynching basically. Who knows the exact numbers, but many thousands of people died and/ or were tortured in the name of Christian extremists.

Witch trials in the early modern period - Wikipedia
    Do I need to link all the articles by Christian clergy where they think GLBT people should be put to death and cite their version of Christianity as justification? This isn't ancient history, this is going on now. If you google it, you will see lots of examples.

I could cite many other examples, but that is enough to make my point.

Now I want to clarify, like with Islam, the issue IMO is extremists not the mainstream religion itself. There are many peaceful loving people in these (and other) religions. And the victims of these extremists are often of the same faith. It is never fair to take a minority within a group that twist the ideology/ politics/ religion/ etc. into something else than what the original ideology/ politics/ religion was.

But I wanted to dispute the completely stupid and absolutely inaccurate statement that
    because that couldn't be further from the truth.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

14. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

In a desperate attempt to deflect attention from traumatized little children crying in cages inside abandoned Walmarts, Trump has announced he's going to create a sixth branch of the armed forces, the "Space Force," to ensure "American dominance in space."

As millenials say, I just can't even.

pgsmith and David Harrison like this.
  15. David Harrison

Kids like space, right? Hey look, a shiny thing!

Still, his daughter has spoken, so we'll probably see an end to it in the not too distant future.

16. David Harrison

...protecting America from aliens on land and from spaaaace!

17. Dead_pool

18. Dead_pool

NPR Choice page

Although trump may want this, he hasn't the power to create it, typical trump, all fanfare, no substance, just like his hairstyle.

David Harrison likes this.
  19. Dead_pool

20. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

So far this is what I'm reading from the Montanans for Immigrant Justice:

Latikos, David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.