The Undertaker awarded BJJ black belt

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by ThaiNinja, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Easy there tiger ;)

It's not uncalled for for someone to want to dig into the source of a claim, in fact (as a safety engineer by training) I actively encourage it.

2. Rantin Man

Rantin Man New Member

I'm not quite sure what to make of this statement, and I'm not exactly sure what you could do about it if I was implying that you "fabricated it" but anyways...

Freeform is correct, it's nothing against you... If someone tells me something, whether it's my brother, my best friend, or some random person, I don't take their word, I want sources. Here's a quote to remember:

"You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, not look through the eyes of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books. You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me, you shall listen to all sides and filter them from yourself."
    ~ Walt Whitman ~

If you could look through your web browser's history and find where you came across this info, that would help verify this info.

3. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_stFc08vWM&feature=player_embedded"]My ten favorite gogoplatas by the Undertaker - YouTube[/ame]

Well he has some skills ;' )

Could not find much on the Undertaker getting the belt and some forums had erased their threads on it... who knows what has actually happened?

FWIW

LFD

4. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

I know mate I'm fine with that,just not overly keen on someone questioning something I posted with their first post.if it was someone like yourself or FOD for example who is on here alot then that's different imo. Just my opinion however.

5. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Here's a quote for u "read thy full thread before posting and the answers will be forthcoming"
    Thaininja

Just posted it as i thought it may be of interest.....

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

First I thought Joe Rogan was a TKD practitioner not BJJ, I suppose he could have started training again though. I think giving a pro wrestler/actor a BB in BJJ is just one of the first steps to delegitimizing those who have worked for years to earn theres instead of just being buddies with the school owner/founders son.

7. angrylarry

angrylarry Valued Member

seems kind of funny to ark up a little with everyone that asks for a source when even you are not sure if it's 100%... *confused face*

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  8. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Gracie University??

9. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Rogan has trained BJJ for years with eddie bravo, i know he was a brown belt under JJ machado as far back as 2006, from guys i know who have rolled with him he has a very tight game, not surprised if hes black belt by now

10. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Ive already stated where I read it&as you point that,I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate hence my confusion when people still ask...

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Awesome, I remember Joe from years ago when he was a multiple state champion in TKD so to see him picking up his ground game is pretty cool.

12. icefield

icefield Valued Member

to be honest him ground game is from all accounts very good, his brown belt as i say was from the machados, which in itself says alot, if it had just been from bravo i wouldnt be impressed

13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not