The Truth about the Bujinkan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by J_Alexander, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Alexander

J_Alexander Valued Member

This is my view and opinion of the Bujinkan. I have put it here as a necessary counter and challenge to the madness that is persistently being touted as genuine martial arts. This is the ‘ninjutsu’ forum and not the ‘Bujinkan’ forum. Many people agree and so I have written this to tell the truth about the Bujinkan from my own experience.

Having watched this forum for some time now, it is clear that all Bujinkan people have been deeply poisoned. It is also clear that no-one does the proper training and that they are at best mere scholars, researching and arguing the smallest of minutiae so as to appear knowledgeable in the eyes of those reading and to score points. That is being an historian, not a martial artist. They are all like Antony Cummins in that respect.

But Bujinkan training is so easy, because it is for martial art failures who cannot deal with the true hard training required to master these arts – or any other martial art. Why is this so? None of them can do the basics, because they haven’t been taught them. Basics are the fundamental key to this and all martial arts. Basics repeatedly drilled until they become perfect. On this solid foundation, are slowly built up the various techniques, then dan patterns, weapons, ryu ha and so on. This explains why Bujinkan movement is utter garbage with no identity – because they have no foundation and no heart or spirit for true, hard training. This is a matter of simple fact, not an insult.

There are hundreds of thousands of Bujinkan members worldwide, because it is a something for nothing organisation. They do not need to do any true or real training to get promotion, yet miraculously they can fully ‘feel’ and ‘understand’ it. This is, of course, complete delusional rubbish and therefore it is perfect for lazy people who like to think they are ‘training’. But true ninpo martial art training is extremely hard and difficult. The Bujinkan ‘flow’ and wishy washy movement is fine in a dojo where everyone else is conditioned in accepting that style – hence why patterns that they do may seem to work. But it is only because their uke is in the same mindset as them, so they cushion each other’s egos and ‘allow’ the techniques to work. Do not mistake brute force or violence for hard training with spirit either.

The essence of all martial arts is to protect your life from all sorts of attacks, some who may want to take your life. Therefore, without true hard training, how can you survive? They also have no manner or etiquette, cornerstones of true martial arts. This is very clear in many of the youtube videos posted here.

The mindset of Bujinkan members is also at complete odds to what a martial artist is. Calling their soke ‘the boss’, is highly insulting and shows incredible bad manners. Wearing t-shirts to a ‘daikomyosai’ taken by their soke with the words ‘I'm just here to get promoted. (Been following Sensei around for days.)' on it, is of the highest disrespect imaginable. What on earth is the matter with them? Were you to do that at the seminar of any professional/traditional martial art school, you’d be lucky if you got 20ft before being stopped in your tracks. Yet, for Bujinkan members, they think it is ok. Why is that? None of them can really answer this – and any ‘clever’ answer would merely confirm they have been poisoned. When an intelligent answer to any question cannot be given, they resort to posting childish images and pointless youtube videos to either ‘validate’ an opinion or ‘dismiss’ another’s.

The actual martial arts handed down by Takamatsu Sensei are incredible, yet the Bujinkan has twisted them out of all recognition. The patterns have become not even a shadow of what they truly are. This is visible to the eye of even non-practitioners as well as the general public at large. All true martial artists recognise true martial arts and that is why the Bujinkan has become a source of ridicule the world over – a true sign that the poison runs very deep. None of them can defend this burgeoning truth, as their very actions in trying will only serve to confirm this.

But in time, this ‘Bujinkan world’ bubble will eventually burst and for the overwhelming masses, they will realise that they have learned absolutely nothing and that they can’t do anything. And this will be their legacy for years of ‘training’.

Jamie.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. KiddReige

KiddReige The Six Samurai-Zanji

Im pretty sure that was just a joke, and that no one really did that...

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Jamie,

I can appreciate the way you feel but what comes across is what you feel has poisoned the Bujinkan may have poisoned you as well through second-hand exposure. My advice would be to try not to let that happen. My understanding is that you're a member of the Genbukan? If that's the case, your organization has high enough standards that a repeat of the Bujinkan within the Genbukan is unlikely, to say the least.

The Bujinkan is going to do whatever it chooses to do but it definitely doesn't have to poison you in the process. But you're right about this not being a Bujinkan forum. People trying to make it that way have created a lot of problems by attempting to dominate this forum. I doubt anything will change on that end, though.

Good luck with your training. At least you can take comfort in not being part of the Bujinkan and in having good role models within your organization. :cool:

4. KawasakiNinja

KawasakiNinja Valued Member

It looks like one, smells like one and speaks like one. Yes, it's a troll.
    And it's probably against the TOS or at least the stickies for this sub-forum.

5. J_Alexander

J_Alexander Valued Member

I was in the Bujinkan for about 10 years from the mid 80's - so all that I say is based on direct and first hand experience.

And as for the t-shirt statement, this unbelievably and actually happened as mentioned in another thread.

Jamie.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Thread locked pending moderator discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.