The Spiritual Danger of Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by xen, Jul 10, 2005.

1. xen

xen insanity by design

I came upon an 'interesting' leaflet today. My house-mate (who is also an instructor at our dojo) was passed this leaflet by his GF's 'concerned' neighbour.

It is called, The Spiritual Dangers of Martial Arts, by Russell K. Tardo

It makes very interesting reading and is very well researched in its presentation of the facts (cough cough), it is free from bias (cough cough) and it presents a clear and transparent interpretation of passages from the bible which have shown me clearly how misguided my life has become (cough cough).

I thought i'd share a couple of passages from the conclusion as I worry now for my fellow MAPPER's souls...

"The whole concept and practice of the martial arts contradicts Christianity. It is at once, occult, fleshly, man-serving and Christ denying. It is, in fact, anti-christian in spirit, philosophy and practice.

The ultimate goal of karate is not merely physical, but spiritual enlightenment-occultism! It is a veritable "spiders web" seeking to ensnare the unwary, the ignorant and the self-confident who believe they can dabble in the devil's web (occultism) and not become his prey."

Just to highlight the depth of accurate research which has gone into this profound document it opens with the following sentance...

"Billy Jack, Bruce Lee, David Carradine's 'Kung Fu', Chuck Norris, the Karate Kid, Ninja Turtles and a host of others have made karate very popular in America."

I have seen the light and now I must implore you all to find this leaflet and thus save your sorry worthless souls from the evil of these darkest of satan's arts before you too become a mindless slave to his dark and sinister world.

I've even found a source for this divine truth for you so please read and preech to all your friends in the MA community the truth about these matters!!!

http://www.penfoldbooks.com/product/61/350

(its worth a quick look cos the cover is priceless)

Seriously, this stuff is crazy. The way it is written and worded, the way the facts are spun...this guy should be a politician!!

So, my question to you all is...have YOU let the devil in to your life through the backdoor of MA's?

:bang: :woo: :bang: :woo: :cry: :bang: :woo: :eek: :bang: :cry: :woo:

2. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

HOL!!!!!! Its made like 100 fold funnier, because im jewish. Seriously, thats awesome. Whered you get that?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  3. xen

xen insanity by design

lol...i bet you want to train even harder now you know its '..Christ denying.' ;)

like i said, i found it lying round the house when i was clearing up today...my housemates GF's neighbours been 'born again' and when he found out my housemate taught MAs he did his Christly duty and passed the message on :bang:

i wanted to post the whole thing, but i ain't got that much free time and i can't find an ecopy on the web...

but just to whet your appetite, this passage is gold dust...

"...In spite of what the movies show, todays violent street toughs are not likely to be defeated by karate. They have fought many times before, and yes, they've even fought 'karate' so they won't scare with some stance or yell. In fact, in many cities, jumping into a karate stance will almost guaruntee a fusillade of bullets. Karate offers little defence against automatic weapons.

Officially, school is still out on whether those who study the martial arts get into more fights than those who don't, but the fact seems likely..."

4. samurai1986

samurai1986 Valued Member

that is pretty funny. Especially since I study Kung fu which is, if anything, more relgiously oriented than karate. My Sifu is also one of the most Christian guys I know.

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

hell yeah i do!!!

6. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

But tekken, you do MMA... there's no spirituality there :p

7. Chris_sirhC

Chris_sirhC 6th Kyu, Yoshinkan Aikido

Some people have way to much time on their hands.... *lol*

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Thats, wow,something else. I'd never heard of martial arts being called part of the "occult".

9. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

oh jeese....could you imagine what things would be like if there WAS!! :eek:

10. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

All I gotta say is there goin' a little bit farrr

11. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

On the plus side it would probably shut you up from shock for about 5 minutes or so :p

Seriously. Chuck Lidell or Frank Mir with shaved heads going "ohm". I can't picture that on a regular basis without thinking the second coming of Christ is happening!

12. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

I will say this though, for the people that believe that pamphlet, itll be way easier to beat them up

13. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I don't know, remember, Jesus Saves....

And takes half damage :D

14. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

LOL...what you showed me was bull...nyahaha...But frankly cant remember coz JESUS saved me...and he take's half the damage...

15. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

more like an hour.... :Alien:

If i EVER saw a guy like Chuck praying before a fight I think i'd just be Speachless {sp?} I had to laugh the other day though, i saw a highlight reel from a pride fight and this guy was praying for help before the match and then got KOed with an elbow flurry :D

16. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Now I did hear that a few of those guys were deeply spiritual. But yeah, generally speaking you guys aren't as big on the whole "spiritual" thing like the TMAers are.

An hour huh... hey, there goes Frank! And he's wearing Tibetan prayer beads! :Angel:

17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

I'm sure a few of them are.

:eek: :cry: ........

18. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Well gee, I'm now convinced of the error of my ways. ;) :p

19. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

Whereas if you drop to your knees and produce a crucifix, that's bound to send them scuttling for cover :rolleyes:

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Admittedly they are right on about the whole "karate on the streets" thing, it is more likely to get you in deeper if you don't get the job over too quickly. Too bad the rest of the tract is quackery.