The Simpsons Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Melanie, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Anyone seen it yet? Can't see a thread about this anywhere so apologies if I missed something!

I saw day before yesterday, tickets pretty expensive £7.40 for a short(ish) movie, but well worth it. Won't give any spoilers, just wanted to see if anyone had seen it yet :)

2. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

spider pig, spider pig!

Not seen it yet but it looks good!

£7.40!!! jeepers!! How come it was that much?

3. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

I saw it last night, laughed heaps, and went away with the spider pig song in my head :D. It was at least as good as the series so definately worth going to see.

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I haven't seen it yet, but my son has already seen it twice and he loved it. :)

5. Hippolyta

Hippolyta Meet coordinator Supporter

Really enjoyed this, I thought it was a lot better than some of the recent series

6. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Awesome, awesome movie. I laughed my ass of all the way through and would have happily sat through another few hours of it if they had made it to the same quality. I also really liked the fact that the trailers didn't spoil to many of the gags, you know how with some films if you watch both the trailers then nothing in the films going to surprise you? Well, with the Simpsons, they added something that wasn't in the traillers a lot of the time so they could still get a laugh, brilliant.

7. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I'm gagging to see it as apparently they got in the writers of the earlier (re: funnier) series to work on the script. However, a friend who is a massive fan felt it was simply a longer episode with nothing funnier or worse than your standard episode.

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

I've heard that it's very funny for the first 20 minutes but then drags after that. I think the latest Simpson series have been dire (basically a parody of itself and relying on the guest star appearances for inspiration) but I was a HUGE fan of the earlier classic seasons. Is it closer to the latest or earliest seasons?

9. Chimpcheng

Yeah, The Simpsons hasn't been laugh out loud funny for at least 5 years. Sure, there's the odd episode that was bordering on good, but nothing quite like the first few years.

I saw an interview with the creator and as far as he's concerned The Simpsons will continue forever!

10. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

It was funny. I'm glad we saw it, but also glad we paid matinee prices. It was good and parts were brilliant, but on the whole it wasn't great. I might wait for video if I could do it over again. There was nothing really that wouldn't translate just as well to an extended TV show.

What's funny is that they at one point flashed a "to be continued" sign for a few seconds. Funny because it could have been the end of one longish episode and then into a second episode on TV. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually airs on TV that way.

11. Chimpcheng

I saw it last night and it was pretty good rather than brilliant.

The first twenty minutes or so was just joke after joke after joke, mostly laugh out loud funny, which was great. However, it went quickly down hill from there.

Don't get me wrong, it was fully watchable and enjoyable but it did just feel like an over long episode with nothing there that warranted a feature length movie at the cinema. It would have worked much better as a direct to DVD movie.

12. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Yea i have seen it , Basically an extended ep of the show ... apparently they got an old script writer in to help them out ... Hence the old style comedy ( funny )

Spider Pig obviously the jem to come out of that film!

Das Simpsons gets i would say a solid 7-9 out of 10 Cant really put negative comments on it . you get everything from barts penis to Otto Eventually having a bong!

13. Chimpcheng

It's certainly worth a peek but, like the general feeling, it is more an extended episode than a "movie" in its own right.

14. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

Gonna wait for the blu-ray then methinks.