The Richard Sandrak disscussion! 10 years old martial arts/body builder!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MATT_LIQUID, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Master J

Master J Guest

my mind is at peace and perfect harmony. i do not think, i know.

2. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

despite the troll, benchng 200lbs in mid-teens is not unusual. At elast not here in the middle of America. Some high school football (american football) players can bench press a lot more than that. My "littel" brother played center (the guy in the middle of the offensive line, he passes the ball to the quarterback, and is basicaly the first one to get hit on every play) and at 16 he could bench press over 300 lbs (140kg or so)

Dedication, and very good training and coaching. THey take football very seriously in high school around here.

3. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

oh yeah and that kid is freaky!

But I am enrolling my 3-rd old step daughter in ma as soon as possible!

Can you enlighten us about the nutrition propgram and what you find controversial?

4. DeLamar.J

DeLamar.J Banned Banned

Thats crazy. He is great pound for pound as a child. But when he grows up he will be equal with other very hard training adults. Then he wont get as much attension. Kind of like lee ann rimes when she was little she could out sing everyone and it was very special, but now that shes grown up she is matched and surpassed in her singing abillities, wich is what ill be when this kid grows up.

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

As far as I can see, the major concern is his connective tissues and bones. If Richard does go off the rails, we could really use some guys like him at demos, protests and stuff. Let's see the cops move him!

6. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

What Richard the strongest Anarcho-Syndacalist protester (pound for pound) in the world?

Now that would be funny. Like Godzilla (Kidzilla?) with a social conscience.

I can see it now, a Soap Opera.
    Wunderkind goes off rails and rebels against controlling parents, takes a stand against oppression and injustice everywhere.

Besides, he's not that musclely, I looked alot like that when I was his age, Gymnastics is a wonderful thing and I was Monkeyboy.

7. Knight_Errant

The strongest weed smoker in the world, pound for pound!

8. EKATZ

EKATZ New Member

Here are a few of the pictures that I’d temporarily posted on another thread. Some more great pictures of him are on his Website. Please read about what happened to his family when he’d almost appeared on another TV show! By the way, Richard was born in April of 1992.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  9. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

And he's not growing any taller . . . :confused:

10. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I met the boy at the Arnold Classic last year where he put on a demonstration. When I went to find him he was nipping on carrots and playing gameboy. Very 10 year old stuff. I was able to talk to his mom and him for about 20 minutes. As a medical professional I was very eager to examine him up close. I would have loved to get him in the office for a workup, blood, etc.... but of course that was not possible. He had the free run of the coliseum there, and didn't seem at all out of place or put up to anything. Really a good little kid. Your right tho Andy, his head doesn't fit the body...

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Come on people, he's half our size. Even if he can bench 200lbs, it means nothing if he can't block a front kick that makes him fly across the room.

Side note: if you're gonna do that, make sure he doesn't remember it's YOU who did that to him. He'll be very angry when he gets a growth spurt....

PL

12. Tireces

Tireces New Member

He's just a kid, what kind of sick freak would kick a kid? In my opinion, looking like that at his age is quite possible. If he really wanted to go through that likely awful tasting diet and harsh training he undertook to get there, more power to him for his results. Yeah, there is kind of a freak out reaction looking at him. But you've got to understand, before bodybuilding became mainstream, people looked that way at even adults who were well developed like that. Arnold himself recalls how his father tried to keep him out of it for fear of the way bodybuilders looked. As for the kid being schooled with others, I don't know about the rest here, but at that age, I recall a lot of misery coming from other kids. Kids at that age are ruthless and cruel, and will not hesitate to verbally belittle others over irrelevant differences. And that kid's as different as they come. At that age, I WANTED to be home schooled. And I can't blame him at all if he'd like that alternative too. What the hell is he missing? You don't really start learning anything in the public school system until about middle school, anyways.

13. Knight_Errant

Damn straight Tireces. As far as I can see, the only real issue here is whether the training he is going through is detrimental to his health. Can somebody comment on the risks of that?

14. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

A parent, of course.

I want you all to think....about everyone you have met in your whole lives....did you ever meet a prepubescent kid who had developed muscles?

Muscle comes with hormones..hormones come with puberty, puberty does not come at 6, 7, 8 or anything ridiculous like that.

He should be drug tested, regularly. In fact his parents should be challenged to allow random, unannounced drugs tests on him and his sisters.

ps. you can have all the muscle in the world..it is the joints that support weights, the long term damage must be incredible.

pps. the head is normal, all kids have big heads in proportion to their bodies.

Edited out an unsuitable paragraph: Yoda

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2004
  15. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Well, I'm a medical practitioner, tho not a family practitioner. A lot would depend on how reluctant his parents are to any testing. He obviously is an incredible physical specimen. As I said before, he seemed like a real regular kid, no hangups or anything. By the way I believe he is french. He was willing to answer any questions that were asked of him without his parents around. There were no obvious steroidal side effects that were visible. Tho I would love to do a physical on him.

16. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

im jealous of him! i can't even lift weights lol

17. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

This stuff has not been studied so there's no hard and fast answers regarding his future physical health. We'll just have to see what he's doing in 20-30yrs time.

I think it's safe to say though that kids who spend the majority of their time with adults (home learning, adult classes etc) do develop problems in relating to their peers and there are potential consequences for his future mental wellbeing. Again, there may be lots of stuff we don't know about this child but ask yourself - would you want this for your child? I wouldn't.

18. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Hormones or not, his body is not made to support all that muscle mass and the weight lifting is definetly going to affect his bone and joints very adversely.

19. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Oh yes, and in regards to that 4 year old russian wrestler posted about earlier in this thread, HE SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY BY CHILDREN'S AID! Good god, that kid is going to become diabetic or have a stroke by the time he is 10.

20. Tireces

Tireces New Member

No, but I never met one who lifted heavy weights and went under a strict diet, either. Will it wreak havoc on his joints and bones? Perhaps. I've seen arguments both for and against pre pubescent weightlifting in that respect. Some say it stunts growth, some say it actually promotes it. Would I let my kid do this sort of thing? No, because I would be concerned about the risks. I just find the way some people seem to be regarding this boy as some monster they'll have to battle some day as rather bizarre, actually discussing TACTICS for beating up a 10 year old boy. What next, a thread devoted to the best ways to defeat infants in combat?