The New XBox 360

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BoxBabaX, May 13, 2005.

1. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

wait i just caught that. you don't LOVE the FF games?

BLASPHAMY!!!!! :woo: :bang:

HERITIC!!!! :woo: :bang:

MS FANBOY!!!!! :bang: :woo: :bang: :woo: :D

2. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

FF XI is coming to xbox 360, haha

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

No offence mate, but I'll believe it when I see it announced officially. They've gone on record as saying there will be no remake. If nothing else, I don't see how they could have got so far with the remake by now that it'll be ready to go a couple of weeks after Advent Children without anyone knowing about it - Sony and Square are hardly Fort Knox when it comes to keeping secrets. Also, why would Square be releasing three big titles (one of which is the NEW FF game) for a near-obsolete system the year before the new one comes out plus a movie? It just doesn't make any sense

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

well maybe i'm wrong and its going to be for PS3, i don't blame you for not believeing me, but trust me, its coming.

5. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

6. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

this is like black and white movies, as a teenager i have trouble really feeling involved in any movie shot in black and white just because it doesn't seem....well real! People who are older however enjoy black and white movies a lot more because they watched them before colour movies were introduced. This 2d vs 3d thing seems similar. I personally don't like 2d fighters much either, i think for fighting games graphics should be a focus, much more so than in platformers or RPGs, so it's difficult for me to enjoy capcom vs SNK etc.

7. Topher

Topher allo!

I though you didn't like Nintendo? :confused:

As for 2D games, you obviously didn't grow up in the Nintendo era - Ever said "lets play Nintendo" when your off to play the Master System :p

2D games rock! Fire up SMB3, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, or the old beat em' up like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter!!!!!!

8. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

I grew up playing and still own a NES and duck hunt, streets of rage and golden axe all rock, but they don't have the graphics as a focus, whereas i think fighting games do.

9. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i wanna hear from geves. i still say they are ugly, dull and lack a soundtrack, and thats as a genre, not just a few. hunter kaval, i was fortunate enough to be raised on a higher standard of games all together so my opinions are legitimate i think. but i know some people like oldschool. now i will play the hell out of Super Smash Bros. but thats it.

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i don't hate nintendo. i just hate the cube. no i grew up through the ages. from when snes and sega were gods to their demise and the rise and fall of dreamcast to the rise and dominance of PS3.

11. rainbows

rainbows New Member

Master System? I said that in the early days of the PS2!
    *runs*

12. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

and if you're still playing the PS2 you'll still be saying that.

13. geves

geves Valued Member

this is kind of a long read and i rushed through it, so i'm sure there's some mistakes in it.

well when your talking about fighting games 3D or 2D, they tend to repeat themselves. there's nothing ground breaking for this genre. 3D fighters have a much better potential for good graphics (obviously) because they're not hand drawn, with exception of cel-shaded. all of the flashing lights you see in 2D games are ussually not hand drawn, i agree tekkengod it's a trick 2D fighters use to make it seem like they're better than they are. the thing that they aren't making new material (2D). with the top 3D fighters like tekken, VF, DOA, and soul caliber. the only thing they are doing is graphic rehauls (for the most part). I'm talking about DOA and Soul Caliber mainly. DOA 2 & 3 are pretty much the same exact game with a handful of new moves and a charcter. Soul Caliber 1 & 2, are the same freaking game! people don't ever seem to say anything about it. yet it's said to be one of the best fighters of all time (it's great but it doesn't make MY top 5). Tekken i don't know about, cuz like i said i've only played tekken (part 2) like 20 times or so. but like i said there's nothing innovative anymore about this genre (IMHO)

but that could be said about any genre really. the companies are too worried about stopping someone elses franchise (GTA, Metal Gear, ect.) instead of moving forward, how many clones have you seen? i think video games in general are not pushing anything anymore. that's why you see most sequels going on part 4 nowadays. they're making franchises now. not video games. it's lost everything that video games were about. the general public probably has the most influence on this though. they don't buy orginal games. they stick with their tried and true and touched up franchises. if people would only buy original games more and start to shrug off games that are on their 4th installment. the industry would be alot better off. take Mark of Kri for example: when that game first came out. it was unlike anything out there and it sold crap. i picked up my copy brand new for $10.

wait are we talking about 2D fighting games vs. 3D?

well most of the 2D fighting games that are out now. Are made by capcom, sammy, or SNK. SNK was picked up by playmore and they're just using the name of SNK to rehash games that were popular and doing virtually nothing to enhance the gameplay. Sammy made Guilty Gear and since then has only made Guilty Gear with an X or 5 attached on plus some new charcters. Capcom ( :love: )
    as much as i love them and their 2D fighters. are the kings of the BS i've been talking about in the paragraph above. they've had (this is a guess) 21 street fighter games with only 4 engines. i think the real problem with 2D fighters is that there are NO companies stepping up and making a new game that's ground breaking. look at the 2D games out nowadays...Viewtiful Joe...uh that's all i can think of :cry: but it was original and on par with 3D games of it's genre. SONY has said no more 2D games on our console and that's going to hurt companies from putting out 2D games.

so tekkengod. your right. 3D games are in alot of ways better. but it's not because they aren't as good, it's that no companies that are willing to put the effort into putting 2D games back on the map. As for capcom vs. snk... they're using an old engine to run too money grubbing companies' franchises face off, the bad thing was that it was about 7 years too late when both companies were at their height of popularity. if the game would've came out back then... who knows what we'd be playing now (still 3D, but maybe there'd be more 2D titles). it would've sold millions.

personally i still prefer 2D. i don't really know why. i guess it's a matter of growing up with it. i remember back when playstation 1 came out (at $400!) i didn't care until i saw street fighter aplha. if that tells you how much of a nuthugger for street fighter i am :Angel:

my final thought is whatever happened to making one game and ending it? Onimusha was supposed to only be a trilogy, yet they're coming out with part 4. :rolleyes:

14. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i agree, but if you can make 12 successful sequals that are all diffrent games in and of themselves, hell actually its 13 successful games and still running wild.
    {Final Fantasy} but that is a valid argument about games that don't do anything new. i think a perfect example of this is Dynasty Warriors. ever since its release. nothing, NOTHING has changed, its been all the same, entierly. every single game has been the exact same hack and slash with better graphics for the last 8 years. but that dosen't change the fact that it is STILL addictive and STILL fun. even though i don't like much of Dynasty warriors. I still think it illustrates the point. MGS was also a trilogy. but there is a 4 on the way. which is FINE, because its GREAT. Killzone is a new and original game, and at a very contriversial time, Killzone was hailed as a Halo 2 killer. which in my opinion it was. but think about the droves of phsyco addicted fans running out to get Halo 2 and then the intelligent unbrainwashed people who said "lets give this a try" and it worked very well, i don't know if you've seen the Killzone 2 trailer yet, but if not i suggest you do so NOW. it is absolutely breathetaking, and it is NOT CG it is actual gameplay. it is amazing and based on graphics ALONE the E3 crowd has dubbed it the 360s deathblow even before hand. and another thing is the 360s VERY weak launch titles and the PS3s VERY strong launch titles, the line ups are just like oduals and Miller lite. no contest. Killzone 2 alone is reason to buy the PS3, not to mention TEKKEN 6!!!! MGS 4. DMC 4. SC 3 and a plethora of other amazing games. and the talk of halo 3 being released on time with the PS3 release, its just going to be too little too late, and most people will agree with me. the 360 is looking pretty sad, and the PS3 is once again starting and staying strong, the presentation was amazing. don't get me wrong the 360 will undoubtedly beat out the revolution due to nintendo being as tight lipped as an overly religious prom date and not telling us ANYTHING, even the very solid fan base is decipting slowly but surely. i am glad we agree on the fighting games.

15. geves

geves Valued Member

i agree with you 100% on everything you've just, well spoken my good man.

16. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

17. geves

geves Valued Member

18. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

buncha fanboy's (even u adam) :D

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

killzone 2 is a deathblow to the 360 by itself.

20. geves

geves Valued Member

so how'd you like g4s presentation tekkengod?

i don't know how e3's work, but i'm hoping for a HUGE surprise.

yeah i think killzone 2 will be awesome. have they said it was PS3 exclusive?

360 killer i don't know about that, but easily a halo killer.