The moon

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Narrue, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

:D LOL…..funny question!

Personally I’m not affected by the moon but I occasionally glance up to see what phase it’s in, don’t know why, just do it.
    Apparently people who sleepwalk are very much affected/triggered by moon light and should avoid sleeping in view of it.

My mother knew a guy in her youth that was strangely affected by it, she often talked about him, very funny.
    My mother was brought up on a farm and often if there was a large harvest or bad weather on the way they would employ outsiders to help get the harvest in quickly. Often work would continue into the night. There was this one guy that they would employ who was completely normal until the full moon (I know it sounds funny but I’m not joking).
    He would start acting strangely and talking under his breath, next thing he would make a run for it, head straight across the field and disappear into the woods, gone for a few days and then return normal again. Strangely enough his odd behaviour was known to everyone and they thought nothing of it.

However on a more serious note the moon phase does influence the human energetic system much in the same way as the seasons affects plant life.

EDIT, the moon influence seems also to be affecting this thread, how did my answer get above the question :confused: V

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  2. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

hi taksin,i always know when there is a full moon(or almost full)for 2 reasons,1 is i go to the toilet(urinate) through the night(did it last night and night before)at least 2 times,the other is 1 of my cats goes crazy! runs around the house,jumps on the wardrobes,skids on the laminate floors! all very funny,normally he is chilled and laid back(also slightly overweight like me!) :)

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

wow!wonder if this has anything to do with the moon? taksins post is last at the moment yet he started the thread,narues is first yet he posted second,im second yet i posted last,he he he :rolleyes:

4. Taksin

Taksin Valued Member

Hey everyone, this is the first time i have started a thread so please be gentle!
    I was wondering if there are any of you affected by the moon?

I find that when we have a new moon i feel totally drained and lethargic but when the moon is full i have lots of energy.

Is there a link with silat and the moon?

Regards to you all, Eddie

5. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Giving this subject all the serious attention it deserves

Don't worry about it unless you begin to notice excessive body hair and a compulsion to go on the Atkins diet. If you start drinking out of the toilet bowl and think the neighbor's poodle is kinda hot it might be time to get help. The condition is usually cured by intracardial injection of a few grams of silver although there may be side effects.

6. tellner

tellner Valued Member

My wife has another suggestion. If you're getting mood and energy swings every 28 days check with an endocrinologist. You may actually be female :)

7. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

I don’t know if you will find any Silat application in modern times. I know that the ancient Chinese Taoists believed that bathing in lakes on a full moon had health benefits, increasing vitality etc. They also believe that the influence of the moon and stars causes special substances to be produced by the human brain. It’s a topic which is more in the realms of alchemy then martial arts.

8. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Narrue

I think they have been experiencing some problems with the site this weekend.

The MOON does exert a force on the earth and some people they say.
    So it is not unlike some of the stories that have come down from ages ago.
    I saw it a lot when I was LEO.
    In rollcall, they would say be careful guys it is a full moon LOL. Activity was more and it has been since mans time began I would think.

I have read where the moon is being stolen by the gravity of Jupitar and millions of years ago it was closer and seemed bigger. Makes sense to me if you go for the meteor collision of old, some of the earth is the moon, held in by our gravity, until the gravity of Jupitar takes over and then there will be no full moon at all. Maybe that will help LOL...

Gary

9. tellner

tellner Valued Member

The gravitational force exerted on us by the moon pales in comparison to, say, the changes you would experience by going down in a mine or up on top of a mountain, much less space travel. If it were significant the effects on the psyches of astronauts would be dramatic. They sure don't seem to be.