The Man With No Name

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Goju, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Anybody here seen "A Fistfull of Dollars", "For A Few Dollars More, or "The Good The Bad and the Ugly". I think that the man with no name (clint) is the coolest character to be created in a long time. I got the trilogy pack of these and I'm lovin them. Their some of the coolest movies ever. Anybody agree?

2. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I agree that the movies are great (particularly the last one) and that the character is great, but i'm sure in 40 years somebody's created a character on par with him (though none immediately come to mind).

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Thats the Clint Eastwood movies. He is pretty awesome. For a kick, go rent/buy the movies from the "Dirty Harry" series. Does the term, "Go ahead punk, make my day..." sound familiar? If you like big guns, car chases and the bad guys getting blasted, there ya go...

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

YES!!
    I love these movies. :D

5. Mike71

Mike71 Valued Member

Definitely a great trilogy, but have you seen Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, starring Toshiro Mifune? It's a fantastic classic samurai movie. A Fistful of Dollars is actually a remake of Yojimbo set as a western as is (not so good) Last Man Standing (starring Bruce Willis).

The same character is also in Sanjuro (also by Akira Kurosawa) which is very good too.

--Mike

6. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I've seen a bit of Yojimbo and I've heard the dirty harry movies are cool too. I was hoping to check out some of those old samurai movies.

Unrelated..but.... I think they should make a movie about Miyamoto Musashi, but keep it as historically accurate as they can and not screw it up by adding stupid things to it like him flying through a forest, bad fight scenes, too many wire stunts, cg stuff etc. Don't you think?

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0047444/...9bXVzYXNoaXxodG1sPTF8bm09b24_;fc=2;ft=31;fm=1

here you go

http://us.imdb.com/find?q=musashi;tt=on;nm=on;mx=20

8. RJ_Bushido

RJ_Bushido New Member

Question what is it with men and Clint Eastwood??????????

9. aikiMac

Yes, and it's been done already. It's usually called "The Samurai Trilogy" because, well, it's a trilogy. Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi.

"Yojimbo" is great. I like it equally as much as the Clint Eastwood version.

10. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Well I think having a good portion of his films being called the best in the world, for one actor mind you, has something to do with it

He just does great movies. Anyone seen his recent movie, Million Dollar Baby? I rest my case :D

11. Kwajman

Its his coolness. Its off the coolness scale. His voice, his eyes, the way he carries himself and trashes the bad guys while he breaks all the rules. He is a very good director also.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  12. aikiMac

You got that right. The Fonz has nothing on Eastwood.
    Plus, what Paratus said. "Unforgiven" comes to mind.

13. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Unforgiven is a great movie, I even have this poster up in my room:
    [​IMG]

Although at the time, I had bought more out it reminded me of the DT books, but that's another story ;) Unforgiven is still a great movie :D

14. Kwajman

Unforgiven is a great one, so is his new production, "Million Dollar Baby" with Hillary Swank. Also his last Dirty Harry movie was incredible.

15. johndoch

johndoch upurs

the Sergio Leone films were Eastwoods best the whole package was absolute class.

Also love the every which way movies. "right turn clyde"

[​IMG]

16. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Yep, I've seen that one with the chimp, it's cool because Clint fights a lot, and the chimp takes a crap in a cop car (many times) :cool: . I had no idea they made a miyamoto musashi movie, thats great, I'm goin to check it out.