The 'Legit' Rank B.S.

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by KGS BBS, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

right now i am paying by the minute to be on this webpage because I am in Japan right now with my teacher Prof. Kimo and my good friend Master Chris Hatch. We are on our way out to lunch with Motobu Chosei Sensei's wife. Motobu Sensei could not make it in because of his job this week. I only write this because Motobu Sensei's name came up again and it seems like a coincidence are just a fun fact that we are here now. We have spoken many times with Motobu Chosei Sensei about the subject of GM Mitose and there is no personal connection between the two. Most of this is known already but people like first hand knowledge so there it is. Right from Motobu Sensei.
    In Peace
    Jesse--
    Have fun argueing Master Hatch and I are off to train some more.

2. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Yeah, it comes out to 25 pages in 12 point font. There's nothing new in this post. BTW anyone can do a search on John Bishop's posts at bullshido (All 13 of them) none of them criticize Karazenpo or SKK, so that was just completely inaccurate. Oh well.

I still don't see where he said who gave Gascon his black belt or when. Chris Geary's page says he was only a purple belt when he broke away from Kajukenbo. I'd just like to hear what the story is or not. No biggie, just curious.

3. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Yeah, that is what I think too. I think Mitose got his instruction from someone that had trained in Karate-Kenpo (As Motobu called it) and got a hold of his book to copy for his own. He then tried to claim to be related to Motobu etc. but given that Mitose died in prison pretty much a scum bag if you read his trial transcript, I wouldn't put any stock in what Mitose had to say.

4. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

I coulda sworn I read somewhere that Professor Bishop claimed that Gascon got his black belt from Leoning and that even Sijo Emperado confirmed this. Was this on the cafe perhaps?

5. John Bishop

John Bishop Valued Member

I don't recall posting that, but it's possible that I did in the past. Unfortunately ,I took the word of some people I thought were truthful, even though they were a little far from the source.
    After a lot of other claims came out, and agenda's became clear I went directly to the sources. Sijo Emperado said that Sonny Gascon was a "student" of John Leoning's. Not a "black Belt" of John Leoning's. This was also confirmed by other senior black belts of John Leoning's, like Bill Ryusaki, Carlos Bunda, and John Leoning Jr.
    Although some people are now trying to say that John Leoning was a black belt under William Chow, Leoning's black belts, Sijo Emperado, and the leader of Chow's Kara-ho organization say that that is not true.
    One individual on another forum has gone as far as to claim that John Leoning is pictured on page 25 and 26 of Ed Parker's Infinate Insights Vol. 1. I know for a fact that that isn't true because I got copies of those photos from Ed Parker in 1988, with the names of the people in them. If anyone here is a EPAK practitioner and curious about the people, here's their names. The photo on page 25 shows from L toR: Freddy Lara punching, Manny Delacruz blocking, and of course Ed Parker and William Chow. In the picture on page 26 from LtoR is: Ed Parker, Ike Kaawa, William Chow, Freddy Lara, Masaichi Oshiro, and Bobby Lowe.

6. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Geary's Latest Rank in the Tank

Looks like Chris Geary has had his latest rank of 10th degree stripped from him by the guy that gave it to him: http://www.imamf.com/

I wonder how one 10th degree strips the rank from another one?

Anyways...I'm sure there'll be more rank to come.

7. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

here we go again

I'm sure we will here the denial that anyone can rescind rank.....AGAIN!

8. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Hell, I'm just looking forward to his updated autobiography. :)

9. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

That's hilarious! Wish it happened more often, because there's some deserving idiots out there.

10. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

who did not think this was going to happen.. I have a feeling that some of you on this forum probably wrote the parent institute who gave him this rank in the first place. If you did, way to look out for the rest of us who are still working hard for our stuff.
    In peace
    Jesse

11. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

If Geary was really slick, he'd have promoted himself to 10th degree while he was still a 10th from Nesbitt's phony organization.

12. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

why must you give out the ideas?

13. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Doh! :bang:

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

most of the action came from SJK

Hi all,
    A few on the SanJoseKenpo.com forum got together and put it to the news station and informed DR. Nesbitt.
    Check out the web site and you will be able to see the action live.
    :)

15. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I have been busy training and working so I let this go for a while... Let's see now... Prof. Cerio,GGM Gascon,Hanshi Angle, and Dr. Nesbitt! Funny thing, all of these Seniors took Geary in and all of them booted him out! Yet Geary still insists everyone else (Seniors) is wrong about him. He's just misunderstood and under-appreciated.... :cry: Sniff, sniff... Why is everyone out to get Me??? :confused: You mess with the bull you get the horns Mister Geary! :woo:

16. Matthew Barnes

Matthew Barnes Valued Member

Perhaps we could buy him this poster to help...

I think this poster sums it up well.

17. Matthew Barnes

Matthew Barnes Valued Member

Trust me, they weren't the only ones.

Many folks contacted Nesbitt, I am sure. :Angel:

Matt

18. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Good point. Why does he believe these people when they say he is worthy of promotion, but not when they say he is not worthy? The most he could say is "These people can't be relied upon to say anything useful since they flip flop on whether I'm worthy of a certain rank." Instead he says, "Well, they were very wise and insightful to give me the rank in the first place, but foolish and deluded when they took it from me."

19. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Awesome Poster Matt! It fits the situation perfectly!

20. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Its the deep insecurities coming out again. Nobody "understands" his greatness. They are all out to get him. I think he fancies himself Napoleon. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.