The Incident of the Dog at Night-time

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Hiroshi Takami, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Hiroshi Takami

Hiroshi Takami New Member

I read this book few weeks back and I thought it was really gd, it showed how we appear dosen't show what we are thinking. I thought it was great al teh way through and was very believable storyline. Has anyone else read it and what did you think?

2. DonDuuk

DonDuuk New Member

My wife read this and she thought it was good aswell.

3. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

It's more than good. It may be the best new work of fiction that I've read in the last two years. It's extremely compelling and an easy read. The mystery at it's core pulls you in. The book also paints a very open and unflinching picture of an autistic's world.

My only complaint is that I think the ending is wrapped up a little to quickly and a bit too neatly. And I just have to wonder about child services in the UK.

- Matt

4. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Yes I read it when it came out. Its very good.

I actually believe they have released a 'Children's Version' - the same story, but with the offensive words taken out. I could be wrong though.

As a follow up, I recommend "Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome" - its not a fiction book, but does give an insight into the Austism umbrella. It was written by Luke Jackson.

They are not hard reads, but fun, and insightful.