The Hand Wrap Thread

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by slipthejab, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I've just spotted were you are going wrong. You're supposed to hit the bag, not the other way round ;) :D

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Durrrrrrrrrrr! Oops! :eek: Can I use the fact I bashed my head on the floor by missing the mat at training last night as an excuse? Hmmm? Please? :p

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Yes

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Thanks :D I shall try using gloves on the bag next time ! :p

5. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Its best to kick with no gloves, work the wraps with the bag and wear the bag to hit the gloves.

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ok so NOW I am confused. :confused: :p

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Just done a bag session and used the kickboxing wrap technique, was good actually. Now I just can't use my hands!!! :D

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hurray, must have been doing something right as it's the first time I have done a bag session and not had nasty bleeding sore knuckles the day after :)

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

yupeeeeeeeee!!

You must have been doing something wrong before! ive never ever never never ever ever come away from a bag session with anything bleeding! :p :D

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I think it was probably down to shoddy technique as well, was always the middle of my fingers that got scuffed. Anyway,it's allll good now :D

11. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

some good info on here for wrapping.

I tend to do the boxers wrap, and sometimes will double wrap my right hand as my wraps aren't that long. (i also user 10oz gloves)

12. Matt B

Matt B Valued Member

Glad i found this thread. I've so far not hurt myself badly bar sore forearms, but i did get myself 2 sets of wraps for Christmas. I was trying to follow the guide on fightstuff.co.uk, but that 2nd video makes it much easier. Will try and give it a go a few times per hand per night until it becomes easy. I sat for 20 mins the other day before a sparring session trying to get it right and it all fell apart :(

13. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

Could I ask, should you bother with wraps if you want to strengthen your wrists to the point where you can punch others on the harder surfaces "skull etc" with force.

I don't train for competition so my main conditioning objectives are to have hadns that can hit without the need of gloves, that won't mess up on me on the first blow that misses and hits something hard.