The Green Hornet Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by wayofthedragon, Mar 20, 2005.

1. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

I had never ever seen an episode of the Green Hornet before, and ofcourse being a die hard Bruce Lee fan....I just had to watch it after finding out it comes on cable @ 5am on cable. I had the alarm clock set for 4:30am just to make sure I could see it :D Anyway I did some looking and it seems to be a Green hornet movie in the works for later on this year or next (if not longer)
    As for the cast.....Jet Li seems to be the strong canidate that they want for kato. I think it's a good pick because in the movie black mask he fits the look

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if he signed up or not yet. As of now he seems to be a really strong canidate. There seems to be a slight contraversy though ...being that he is a little older than when they first started talking about the movie there have also been talks about Zhang Ziyi a female playing the role. What do you think of this?
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/1118.asp
    As for the character to play the Green Hornet, they havent' decided on it yet. Various names have been tossed up like George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, and currently Hugh Jackman has been being mentioned. I was sort of thinking about Ben Afflack though. He'd probally be good for the part as well. What do you think about the cast. Should Jet Li be the one? If not then who and why...If so then who should star with him as the Green Hornet?
    And over all....how do you predict the movie to be? I predict the action will be pretty good being that yuen woo ping is said to be the coreogrpher of the action sceens

A few sites about the movie:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404280&intl=us
    http://newsaskew.com/greenhornet/

PS: If anyone else have anymore info on the movie please post it here. I'm just finding out about it, and now I'm so excited and waiting for it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Been in the works for a while now.

I thought Jake Glynnenhal (Donnie Darko) already had the role. There has been constant debate on who to cast as Kato, in fact, rumours of Jason Scott Lee playing Kato "once again" started since Dragon the Bruce Lee Story.
    So far there has been talks of just simply getting an 'unknown' for the Kato part. Although the Zhang Ziyi idea might work. Always imagined her in a chauffer uniform....

Not much of a Green Hornet fan to be honest. Rich guy with a stick that does things and wears Green.

3. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Yeah me either....I'm in it for kato :D

I know that Zhang would be great for the part.....but I was hoping hoping it would be li.....hmmmm, one name I havent' heard in this though is donnie yen.
    Anyway...someone who would stay true Bruce Lee's character that was orignially a male. But if it is to be a female. No doubt it is a must that Zhang Ziyi should get the part.