The great Obama Debate

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 19thlohan, May 1, 2012.

1. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Are you the 1o year old son of republicans?

There are issues with the Health Care but it's a good start. They need to amend a few things.The republicans want to repeal it and start all over again which means that people that desperately need health care won't have it for another 20 years.

The economy is on the rebound. Many fields of employment that have been dead for years are hiring again. Most of those are middle class jobs and the people earning that money will have money to spend in their local economy. The republican way is to create low paying entry level jobs that may help put food on somebodies table but it will leave them struggling and does nothing to improve the economy.

We were in afghanistan long before Obama took office. Most of the troops from Iraq are home now. If some go to Afghanistan it's because Bush left a mess we can't pull out of yet.

Government spending is what ended the great depression and it is what is helping us recover from the recession now. When the unemployed go back to work and start paying taxes again that money will go along way in reducing the debt.

You have no clue how congress works do you? The bills the house passed are in the senate just like the bills the senate has passed are in the house. The President doesn't get either until they have passed both sides of congress and there would be nothing he could do with them if he did.

I'm not a fan of the health care mandate but that's a copy of Romney's law from Ma. and Bush stripped away more American rights than any other president has.

2. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

My only answer is who knows what Obama care will do or how it will be paid for I’m not sure anyone has read the whole thing and that is the only reason I support repeal. It has some good ideas but is so large that no one knows what is going to happen. We need reform but not that monster.

Obama needs to look at cuts to programs that he doesn’t want to cut to help recovery and the other side does have some good ideas but they need to be worked out.

Mitt is like Obama in some ways but more to the right and I believe Obama will push to the left by executive order if he gets four more. His ideas on energy are one sided.

The recovery is slow and I am waiting to see what Mitt will have to offer in a plan.

I’m not going to fault Obama on what he has done with the wars since taking office.

3. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

What middle class jobs are you referencing ?

What people are the ones that really need healthcare ?

After the depression it was the war and manufacturing that brought the country back, we don't manufacture anything anymore, than is all done by other countries, so spending our way into more dept won't work this time.

Who cares what Bush did, that was during some terrorist times, Obama doesn't have that excuse.

Cheers

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  4. 19thlohan

Your afraid of something you don't understand. The republicans are preying on that. Claiming it will raise costs on the elderly subscriptions and saying you won't be able to pick you're own doctor etc. The democrats deny this. People were for HC reform when Obama was running and the republicans are trying to turn them against it now that it's past. Like I said I would rather put pressure on our politicians to amend things we don't like than scrap it and start over.

I don't think executive order will play much of a role in any presidents term in office. The occasional emergency is one thing but they'd destroy their party for years if they just did what ever they wanted by executive order.

I've seen Mitt's plans in action and they've done my state no good. You also can't trust what he tells you his plan is. He flip flops every time he opens his mouth. No matter what though he will take us in the opposite direction of Obama. That will stop the progression we've been making. At best it will take much longer to recover by backtracking first and then taking a new path. At worst it will take us back into recession.

5. 19thlohan

Most construction trades, truck drivers, teachers, secretaries, administrative assistants, book keepers, accountants and nurses to name a few.

The elderly with no retirement benefits,unskilled workers with extremely low paying jobs.

No it was the spending on manufacturing during the war that brought us out of the depression just like it was the spending on things like federal project labor agreements that had unemployment at an all time low during the Clinton administration. Bush started the economic turnaround the day he ended those. There is still plenty of manufacturing done in this country.

Who cares? seriously? every one who's feeling this recession. Most of what Bush did wrong had nothing to do with terrorism. To me that sounds like your saying you can''t defend the last guy from your party to hold office so please don't bring him up again.

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Obama has overseen an incredible turnaround in manufacturing - the industry is creating jobs again. Bush had all but given up on US manufacturing.

7. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Really? Where?

8. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Would that be companies like that solar panel company that went belly up, I am in the construction industry, there is no recovery going on.

This country does not make things any more, except fast food.

What are you guys smoken?

We are exporting more oil, that's why are prices stay up, that's about it, check the trade balance sheet.

About the only thing left to pick up the economy is growing dope, and that moron would not make that legal.

To make a healthcare bill 2500 pages and no one knows what's in it, is just retarded.

They need to remove the high cost of doctors and hospital's, ripping people off,
    why do other counties cost 10 times less for same health services ?

You guys need to wake up, the manufacturing jobs left this country for cheaper labor. The infrastructure is already made, what big project have you seen built in this country in the last 30 years?

Obama killed the Canadian pipe line, that would have helped.

Cheers

9. 19thlohan

There was just a report on ABC World News tonight about the recovery of manufacturing in the US. They specifically talked about a manufacture of power turbines and the manufacturers of washers and dryers amongst others. They discussed the number of new jobs created and how those companies are getting ready to hire a lot more people. they also discussed how many American companies are no longer finding it cheap to manufacture over seas and are starting to do more of it here.

They went on to say that the 3 year high in the stock market was largely due to the US recovery in manufacturing and the increase in 401k input.

Check again son. I'm in the IBEW and our union had been practically dead for the last couple years but we're putting tons of guys back to work now. Every one else I know in construction in all trades both union and non union all say work is picking up. It's possible there isn't much work in your specific area, that's just the way it goes some times, but over all it is picking up all across the country.

I don't smoke anything. Funny how I was thinking of asking you the same question though.

We are?we import most of our oil. We do very little exporting.

OK all jokes aside, what are you smoking?

Your senators and congressmen know what's in it. the question is will they tell you truthfully or try to use the confusion to trick you into voting their way. If the bill was only 4 pages the average American wouldn't know what was in it. They would rather listen to the political gossip and moan about it than read for themselves.

Yes they do but it was the republican support for the health care bill that blocked capping medical costs.

Dude I think your getting your info from a 10 year old paper.

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Erudite as ever with that sort of phrasing. :rolleyes:

11. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

I learned a new word!

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ahahahahah :p

13. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

*pokes head in thread*

*looks around*

*runs away screaming*

14. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If you think manufacturing and construction are the same thing, I worry about the kind of things you are building.
    Sure, tell that to Silicon Valley.
    How is that Obama's fault. You can complain about too much regulation and then complain that he isn't regulating oil exports enough.
    So are you a capitalist or a communist? You're so inconsistent that I cant tell.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  15. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

I care what President Bush did. Response to disaster is part of the president's job, so people have every right to criticize the way he did it. "We're at war" has historically been an excuse for all kinds of horrible policies, and it excuses nothing. The 9/11 attack does not place President Bush above criticism.

16. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

*pokes in thread*

*feels like grabbing some popcorn*

17. 19thlohan

Don't forget the butter!

18. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

As a Canadian I say thank God.

19. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Hey what do you Canadians do with illegals that come into your ER for medical care?, do you give them care, then deport them?

Cheers

20. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

I suggest yoiu listen to this to see how far towards fascism America has gone
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xo4Un0mH4"]Gerald Celente - Annie Gaffne - 03 May 2012 - YouTube[/ame]