The GOOD Video Thread - No off topic posts allowed

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fudo-shin, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I can see what you're saying then. I still feel it's a rather minor cosmetic choice, especially if he's balding and not pleased about it, but I get what you mean.

2. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Thank you very much for your replies and honest opinions!!
    It's very important to know how skilled the people, that used to train you, really are.
    After reading your posts and watching the video again, I think I totally agree with you. Some of the things he did, like the swordwork didn't sit well with me either from the beginning.
    I think Kurtka Jerker's idea to make another thread for requests for feedback, like mine, is a good one. I think it would be a good learning experience too.

3. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I just posted quite a few clips in the bad thread, so thought I'd try to be more positive. This clip has it's flaws but I still think, considering they are training on a pool of cold custard, it was entertaining. Not too much talking. Good posture in parts. Little ego on display.

However. On my first viewing I thought some of the "kukishinden" sword stuff looked a like togakure ryu. Maybe he was comparing? I dont have great knowledge of kukishinden sword though, come to think of it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A1yONcCeIs"]Bujinkan Kukishinden Ryu Kenjutsu seminar Shidoshi Momot 23-25.03.2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I know people will now slate it, but I was just wanting to try and be a little positive today

:D :D

PS. What hair gel does he use? It never moves!

4. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Valued Member

I think he displays some skill and body control. Nice to see.

5. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

In the first part of the video, it looks like he is demonstrating hiken no ho (i.e. - tsuke iri, kiri sage, etc.) from Kukishinden.

6. gapjumper

What is that at 1:12 ish, with the flick? That's what reminded me of togakure ryu.

7. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

It's hard to say because it goes so quickly.

It does look a little like one of the hiken no ho kata except I would have expected him to start in hasso. However in the one I'm thinking of the uke simply stands there and its just practicing cuts on both sides (no flicking sword out of the way).

8. gapjumper

This, I think, is UK Taikai. I have a version on 3 cd's so not sure if this is the same...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kshWaBLtPhQ"]1987 budo Taijutsu - YouTube[/ame]

Good stuff. Some LARPage by the attendees though.

In my version there is alot of talking by soke (translated by Doron) about people thinking they have the art down but don't really, and how that can harm them, and the bujinkan. Lots of instruction on basics. Correcting everyone on their punching.

Noteable westerner appearances by:

Sven
    Jack
    Brian McCarthy
    Bo
    Brin

Can you spot any others? Are you there?

Hope it hasn't been posted previously! Doh!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  9. gapjumper

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  10. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_l757KxTwE&sns=em"]Bujinkan Demo Tokyo US Embassy 80's - YouTube[/ame]

I like this clip, because it probably shows the type of training newer students 'skip'

11. gapjumper

Time for something a little light-hearted?

You gotta love Batman's sneaking at 1:23

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQYzJ7mJC1c"]Batmen Dark Knight rises vs Ninja the original - YouTube[/ame]

12. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

13. Pankeeki

Pankeeki Valued Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  14. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

Indeed, Francesco is a great practitioner and student of the art, in my opinion. And a very nice man!

15. garth

garth Valued Member

Nice movement

16. gapjumper

Would people expand on what they think is nice about the movement and/or form?

17. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I didn't say it was nice but I thought it.

I like the sabaki, hip movement and leveling that occurs: Between 16-18secs

I like the balance in the kick at 19secs

I like the execution of the kick at 23secs

I like the balance at 39-40secs combined with core to allow that movement without being overly at risk to a reversal.

I like the composure and Kamae at 42-44

18. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

I like his movement, it seems influenced by kacem, is he one of his students?

19. Pankeeki

Pankeeki Valued Member

Yes

20. gapjumper

Well filmed. Maybe overdone a little?

Techniques done in a somewhat embu style. Bit too flashy maybe.

But looks fun.

Overall I liked it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro2vhgP5kaY"]Jin Ryaku no Maki DVD Trailer - YouTube[/ame]