the FMAs and Gun Training

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by IgitDako, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Focus on the ideas and thoughts here, not the messenger. Then ask why everyone's trying to shoot the messenger. And note which styles are represented--yes, there is a pattern.:cool:

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Since I drew it I can tell you what it represents.

If everyone who says he is a baddass on the internet had to say it face to face there would be a lot less trolls in the world.

3. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Wow, I didn't know you were also an artist. It looks really good. Do you have more? Charcoal, right?:cool:

4. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Why? Because you'd cut them up and leave them for dead, like in the picture? Do you also play the World of Warcraft? Have you come across a Pekiti Tirsia practitioner?

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Ill take that as a no then. As someone who has close family in the armed forces. Your attempt at painting yourself as a 'non-civilian' because you spend some time in a room as some other people performing the same hand gestures as other people in other countries, some of which are in the armed forces, as a pretty pathetic thing to do. Time to grow up and base your own ego on your own accomplishments instead of others.

6. koyo

Alaways thought it better to fight the man rather than the knife itself.Get off line and suppress the blade while hitting the guy.

The drawings are ink.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  7. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Again, don't assume because you don't know. Type in Quiet Professionals in Google and locate their forum, then ask them for their names, and other personal information. Try it.

8. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Blood, Urine, Feces

Watch Tim Waid's video to view the other side, then this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axW-xFjofRs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axW-xFjofRs[/ame]

9. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

I didn't know you could shadow like that with ink. That's badass.:cool:

10. koyo

Someone even looks like they have a knife they get taken out. Allowing someone to get so close..bad awareness.

Sewing machine (lots of small strikes) is a basic in Glasgow.There is no counter to it other than exploding on the guy the instant danger is perceived.

If I had a knife you would not see it coming .

The ONLY "counter" is to be more aware and more bloody minded than your would be attacker.

You never know when a knife shall appear so ALL training even empty hand should assume the knife is there. This stops a lot of nonsense and involved techniques.

As for "controling" the knife or disarming the guy..ONLY after you have beaten the crap out of him.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  11. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

If someone wants you he'll get to you, spidey sense or x-men mutant powers not withstanding.

Like I said, not all have spidey sense and x-men mutant powers. How do you train hyper-vigilance? You will be attacked, what do you do, during and after the initial assault? Yes, you will get cut, but people have survived. This is where training comes in, correct training and mind set.

How do you train hyper-vigilance, unless you've been down range, worked a beat as a cop, been a bouncer, been to prison or worked the prisons, this is hard to cultivate.

What you do during the attack is what makes the difference between life and death. 'Attacking the man' is not the answer, my artist friend.

12. Dead_pool

I didnt ask for personal info, Just a confirmation of something you had already publically infered. You also dont come across as military. Hence Im calling shannagians on your inferance of being a 'non civilian'

13. koyo

Worked in deprived areas of Glasgow for twenty odd years. Suppresing the knife while attacking the man is what I said.

Had one idiot open his jacket to show me the knife which I simply pulled out of his belt and have been cut badly on the arm not realising a knife was involved and have seen most everything in between.

If I were to face a knife tommorow I would STILL be crapping myself.

14. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

You've gotta be kidding.
    I'm calling mid teens.

15. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Laddie, how does one come across as military on these forums?

16. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Wet

Let's assume you possess hyper-vigilance. How do you train/teach hyper-vigilance?

Do you train in Filipino martial arts?

It looks like its back to the Tim Waid and Franz's video. Control the knife, is what we say, when caught in the pooop storm.

<Indecent image removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
  17. Dead_pool

Ahem, well 'laddie' If you have to ask, you'll never know.

18. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xEEjuVZX8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xEEjuVZX8[/ame]

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifefighting.html
    Violence is a traumatic, life altering experience. Whether you are the victim, the victor or you just survive it, it changes a person forever. That is an established fact... now how it changes someone depends on the person and the resources that he/she finds. Experience has taught us that the wrong resources can be as damaging as no resources at all. If not more so.

The fact that violence has such a strong impact on our psyche means that we need to stop and think about it before we find ourselves in the situation. Like Pandora's box, once it is opened, there is no way to put back the plague of woes it has released into our lives. Unfortunately, many people do not realize how much what we think -- and by extension, what we do -- puts us in danger of violence.

19. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Well, laddie, if you've never been in the military, don't assume, because it makes an ass out of you and me, but mostly you. Take your ad hominems else where, the grown ups are trying to talk here.

20. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

!!!!!

Igitdako wrote:
    Well, laddie,<

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bill

P.S., Yep I'd go with mid to early teen.

BL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.