The Art of Fighting Without Fighting by Geoff Thompson

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Simon, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I was recommending this book to a newby on another thread and a quick search around internet land came up with a site where you can simply download as a pdf.

http://www.geoffthompson.com/media/ArtofFighting.pdf

I've had this book a few years and always recommend it when talking about self defense.

Worth downloading and adding to your collection.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Geoff is always essential reading and is one of the nicest guys you could ever want to meet or talk to

3. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

It's not fighting if you aren't fighting though 0_o

4. Simon

I've not met him but I understand he always has time for people he meets.

I know of someone who was on a train reading one of Geoff's books when Geoff got on the same train. he talked freely and signed the book.

5. Simon

Why not download it and read it, make of it what you will.

I take your point though.

6. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I watched a video someone posted of Geoff Thomson the other day. He's got giant hands. I'd never pick a fight with someone whose fists are bigger than my head.

7. Hannibal

I met him at a BCA Instructors seminar way back in the day and he was awesoem - so was Pete C actually.

Geoff also returned a phone call of mine late one night in regards to an issue I was having with an instructor at a BCA club at the time. He talked to me for a good hour and the man was pure class and an absolute delight.

Geof is the epitome of the quiet warrior and I recommend anything he puts out without reservation

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Are you in the BCA then Hannibal?

Just wondering what it offered as an Org.

Mitch

9. Hannibal

I was in the BCA many years ago. As an org when I was under them they offered a wide range of courses with a plethora of varied instructors throughout the year and were a way for me to have a Governing Body over me that was not bound to a specific style or syllabus so long as the emphasis is on Real-World pragmatism.

Membership and insurance was not expensive at the time and that suited me too!

They were a good way to show what my focus was without spending hours explaining it to everyone that had a passing interest. If I was still in teh UK I would still definitley be under them, if only for the Instructor course which were great. I am sure they have boomed beyond belief now!

http://britishcombat.co.uk/