Texas Tournament

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by TXKukSoolBB, Aug 4, 2005.

1. KSWarrior

KSWarrior www.warriorinstitute.com

I'm not going to make the tournament either. Although I've been to about 10 of them already. Some of best sparring was up in New York at west point with Master Sims he had the non stop sparring with take downs and wrestling. Now that was fun. It was even fun to watch!!!

2. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

Thanks guys. I'm leaving the house in about an hour for Houston. I'm recovering from the $67.00 it took to fill up my truck for the trip. However, when I think about the folks in New Orleans etc...I need to shut up about the complaining. You guys have a good Labor Day and maybe I will have some pictures of the tournament to share when I get back Monday.

3. musool

musool Valued Member

Has anyone heard anything about the tournament last weekend? Someone said that it was probably going to be smaller than usual because of the hurricane.

4. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

That's what we usually do at the Davenport tournament, although this year I don't think there will be any striking. It's going to be submission only this year, and no weight classes, from what I hear - mainly due to the poor turnout last year.

Te one in Davenport is just a mini tournament run by SBN Jan Butler, not one of the large oficially sanctioned ones.

5. TXKukSoolBB

Actually we had a good size crowd. Last I heard was over 500 participants.

6. musool

musool Valued Member

Thanks. Wish I could have gotten there this year. Sorry I missed the Master's Demonstration also! Did you see it?

7. TXKukSoolBB

Yes I was there on Sat (I assisted) and Sun (I competed). It was a good tournament and I enjoyed seeing folks that I hade not seen in awhile...as well as the new folks that I met.

8. KSWarrior

KSWarrior www.warriorinstitute.com

Do any of guys who went tot he tournament have any photos you care to share of the master's demo.

9. ember

ember Valued Member

Sorry, I didn't bring a camera.

10. ember

ember Valued Member

I saw it. It was pretty good.

I was asked to help with check-in for my school, so I was there kinda early both days. Saturday was exhausting, Sunday was better.