Tank Abbot

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Lucharaan, Feb 10, 2005.

1. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

his fase looks the same today apart from the hair.

2. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

plus a couple of hundred pounds! :D

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

And the fuzzy beard ;)

4. thaskitz

thaskitz New Member

have seen tank abbots fights and would say he is a good brawler or street fighter (i would not like to meet him in an alley) but i would not say he is a good fighter (not compared to liddel or rutten) but he was good at what he did he could hit hard but his technique was so poor that you saw it coming from last week
    Once the stakes were upped and better fighters came in tank dissapeared which imho was the best thing he could have done
    i would have loved to see rutten vs abbot!!!!!

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yeah; he wasn't / isn't the most technical fighter around. But he proved to alot of people that technical prowess isn't everything.

PS: Welcome to MAP thaskitz :)

6. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

I can't stand tank. He really sucks

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

A lot of the pro mma fighters aren't huge fans of him either. It wasn't so long ago that Couture was expressing his disapproval of Tank and his effects on the legitimacy of MMA.

8. Dave Rees

Dave Rees Old Git!

I've always had a soft spot for Tank, & he did have a point but it's not the art it's the person, I have known some really tough guy's who have never trained but I have also known some tough guy's that have done various art's it gives them the edge I think!

9. Black Thistle

Black Thistle New Member

Absolutely. I've seen examples of this where I've had friends that would take alot of stopping and they've had no MA training. Tank has a reality outlook on fighting where I agree with alot he says. Where Tank fell short was his lack of desire to evolve as a fighter and learn from other fighters. His attitude ensured his downfall. His best performances were UFC 6 and Ultimate Ultimate where he showed what a capable brawler can do. I still reckon he'd make mince meat out of nearly all people who aren't top MMA'ers.

10. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i watched the ufc with tank abott this weekend. tank was quiet for the most part. actually, he's just a guy whom we call tank aboot. they could be cloans. the guy even has the goatee. maybe they are cloans? :Alien:
    i'm scared now. :cry:

11. sercuerdasfight

sercuerdasfight Valued Member

the thing about tank is he is what they claimed, a bar room brawler. his style fits in a bar with people and obsticales where he can be right on you. in the octagon everybody started using the room to move and range there shots. round kick hard and move before he can get to you. of course his lack of conditioning is going to kill him. just image tank in a room within arms reach of you and no where to move. that would suck.
    so yes he is a bad dude. but he is not a professional fighter. as for some of his loses i think they would go different at the post fight party.

12. siulimtao2004

siulimtao2004 New Member

Tank is a thug and nothing more than that. But he does prove one thing: in fighting, the heart counts for a lot.

One japanese martial arts master used to say, there are 3 types of strenth that distinguish one fighter from another:

1) Physical Strength
    2) Technical Strength (As in actual technical skills on ur art)
    3) Mental Strength

Tank had not much of 2), but had lots of 1) and 3). Therefore, he was able to win against some of the weaker fighters. But against the top line fighers, like Belfort etc he had no chance.

13. kenpo4life

kenpo4life New Member

Tank quit against Maurice Smith. That fool took a fight on 3 days notice or so, and fought someone he will never be able to beat.

14. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

15. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Yeah, thats the one. ^

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Mir looks real evil in that picture :) It's a shame his same tactic didn't work against Freeman in Brawl at Albert hall :)

17. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Look at Tank's foot!

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's not suppost to bend that way :D

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

OUCH!!!! it looks like he actually broke it IN HALF!!!!!