[Tang Soo Do] Wow, this forum has died!!!

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Slavist, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Slavist

Slavist New Member

No more MDK vs. SBD vs. TSD discussions. Where has everyone gone?

2. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Perhaps we all came to our senses and realized the vs threads are sillyness.

3. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Hi Andy C - nice to see you're still around. :)

As for the forum - we have our own space, if we decide not to fill it with clutter and nonsense then it makes housework easier ;)

My TSD training may well be changing in the next 5-6 weeks, so I'll probably come pestering you all about the locking and take-down work. Talk to you soon...

4. Pyro

Pyro New Member

Most of the vs threads have turned into <insert style> vs MMA anyway now it seems. Can't escape that vs rubbish. Explains why a lot of high level MA's don't even bother with forums. Doesn't matter what you do there will definately be a dozen fools there to dump on it every step of the way.

5. Topher

Topher allo!

I've been brainwashed by the Religion and Wing Chun topics :D

6. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

It's because MMA is the new standard. Their competitions are the most intensive resistance training you will find. I doubt many of us spar with the same rules that MMA/NHB uses (probably because most of your TSD training doesn't include grappling - mine doesn't but our rules allow for it anyway for the crosstrainers). Their sparring environments are alot more comprehensive.

7. Pyro

Pyro New Member

Well if that's an excuse to badmouth people.....

8. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

An excuse to badmouth people or start flame wars? Definitely not.

Should it evoke rational discussions on traditional training methods as well as modern training methods and cross training in the light of competition versus fighting? Absolutely.

Too bad we rarely have one without the other.

9. Topher

Topher allo!

Ding! Ding! Ding! :Angel:

10. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

Yes, unfortunate this forum has gone a little quiet. Not possible that we covered every topic known to man about Tang Soo Do... or maybe we have???

11. Jang Bong

It could be that we're all too busy training ;) ;) :D

12. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Well I have a bit of news!! I am working on finding a location to open my own school. I had a school for 13 years and closed it about 9-10 years ago. I have finally gotten settled enough to open a new school that I can run until I am ready for the grave. I will keep you all posted on the progress.

13. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Best of luck with the new school.

14. Jang Bong

Well done - that deserves a thread in its own right, and here is the perfect place for it :) Good luck in your search.

15. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

Tang Soo Andy! Hope everything goes great with your new school.

16. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Thank you all. I will keep you posted for sure. You had all get ready too - I will surely draw on the group of you for energy and inspiration.

Tang Soo!!

17. Spark

Spark New Member

Knife forms

Hi, I'm new to this forum and thought it would be great resource. I train in MD and had found the hyungs online but was wondering if anyone knew of the knife forms online too?

Tang Soo!!

18. Jang Bong

Hi there Spark - welcome to the gang. :) I love the signature line - that is so true.

If you click the link in my sig, you will get to a thread where you can introduce yourself properly and see how many experienced people we can steal ideas from <backspace x16> ask advice of :D

In our class we do one particular knife form, but I haven't seen it written down anywhere - why not try starting this question as a new thread in this area of the forum (there are a few guys from the 'weapons' forum check things here as well).

Don't go away - you are a member of our gang now :)

Tang Soo!!