Taijustu ....

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by fakii, Jun 15, 2010.

1. fakii

fakii Valued Member

Hi all some told me to 1st search the forum & if you can't find a thread you want to know then start any thread honestly speaking i am so excited to get started with BBT thats why keep asking the questions but i really seems i am bothering too many people in here i really honestly apologise.
    I have searched and couldn't find what i want to here is my question
    Does bujinkan Ninjutsu also deals with some weight training like dumbbells and other things like in other MA styles used to do for example MMA, Boxing, KickBoxing and Muay thai? Or Bujinkan has nothing to do with this kind of training and they only focus on tactics.
    Can a person really reduce weight while practice Bujinkan ?

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What are you after? Workouts like done in MMA gyms or something more "tradtional" like hojo undo found in some styles of Karate?

I'm sure people will point out if I'm wrong but I don’t think "weight training" ect is done in an official capacity in the Bujinkan. There is taihenjutsu which I suppose could be described as a calisthenics type exercise.

However each dojo is different and you will find some foucs on somethings and others don't.

Actually for some the oppoiste seems to be true :evil:

:D :D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. Manga

Manga Moved On

If you want to get fit, go walking, running, swimming and climbing and eat a healthy diet.

It's a precursor to all martial arts training but it is not the martial art itself. Opinions vary as always. Some people say it should be done in the dojo, some people say it should be done outside the dojo.

Personally I don't believe such things should be worked on in dojo time unless there is a very specific reason or connection to the practice such as that style of Okinawan Karate that has very specific conditioning exercises and tools (forgive my ignorance on the subject, perhaps someone can expand on that point?)

What it boils down to is this.

People should get fit so they can study the martial arts.
    People should not study the martial arts to get fit.

4. fakii

fakii Valued Member

Exacttly thats my point becasue i have visited some different dojus but same Martial Art has been taught in way too different styles like in 1 doju they are practiceing like MMA styles weight training, grappling, weights etc and other stick with traditonal method i mean i don't understand one of the oldest style like BBT should be taught in its unique styles thats the beauty of the style newcomer like me get confused and lose the element of excitment and motivation after going through these types of expriences. thats m point bro ..

5. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

From my time learning taijutsu (of the Bujinkan variety), very little physical conditioning is done. We would roll, then stretch, then get into techniques..

I remember doing some P.T. before training, and everyone groaning and complaining about it..it was funny. Not every dojo is the same though. Some have students requirements which are more demanding. Mileage may vary.:eek::evil:

6. Dean Winchester

I think that's hojo undo and Gojo-ryu.

Could be wrong.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Apart from the spelling (Goju-ryu) you are right. Goju has a wide variety of training equipment.

8. Dean Winchester

D'oh!

You know I thought it looked odd lol

9. jameswhelan

jameswhelan Valued Member

Bujinkan strength training?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQaJWsfK2c0"]YouTube- Ninjutsu Shinden Fudo Ryu Bujinkan[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  10. ninjaboy

ninjaboy Valued Member

A lot of people who run fulltime dojo`s , do have exercise equipment , but not everyone does this . It all depends on the people running the show .
    " can a person really reduce weight while practicing bujinkan " YES !
    When you first start something new , your body will need to adapt . As this can be quite physical from all of the rolling , leaping and being thrown around , plus then standing back up , you will find it is a very good work out . Although BBT is about economy of movement and conserving energy , when you are a beginner you will sweat your **** off and find it quite physical . If you then look at the way we move in training , it is based on using the bodies core muscles , so every class is like doing tai chi , and developing the bodies core is one of the best things you can do .
    I have trained with quite a few people who were highly graded in other arts and fit and when they tried this art , they were sweating . Being used to using strength isnt the same as using your core , so you have to relearn ( adapt ) which means a period of relearning , much like exercise , untill it becomes familiar . Of course once you do have the correct movement and find it easy , you will have to search out a few ways to increase your work load , either by adding different factors to it or supplimenting it with with weights and cardio , gregh

11. pointybitup

pointybitup Banned Banned

i dropped from 110kg to 90kg in 12months
    only thing I changed day to day was I started Bujinkan

12. antihero.zero

antihero.zero Valued Member

If you want to increase your fitness everyday using taijutsu, you can. Practice your kihon hoppo, stretching, break falls, punching and kicking, and movement drills rigorously until you've got a good sweat at work for a 30-mins+. A heavy bag can help a great deal. You can practice your weapon strikes against it repeatedly, etc. Ideally, you reach your target heart rate (use a monitor for this) and stay there for 30-60 mins each day, and you'll get more fit. If you're not doing any exercise now, you'll also get more hungry, so you'll need to eat healthy, filling, nutritious foods and manage your caloric intake. This is assuming you're healthy enough to workout and don't have any underlying metabolism problems that would prevent proper weight loss.

13. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Does Budo Taijutsu also teach Necromancy?

14. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

:rolleyes:

- Mark Spada

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I know it's an old thread, but I wanted to comment on this video.

This actually isn't too bad. I'm guessing this is not a common thing though? That's a shame. Some of that actually looks like fun and would definitely be beneficial if trained with consistency.

16. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I didn't notice the posting date gap, now I get Bronze Statue's comment :p