tai chi controlling chi energy

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by snewchybewchy, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snewchybewchy

snewchybewchy Valued Member

hi does tai chi help you master your chi energy ? i dont know much about tai chi and not looking for a big long descriptive answer. and if it does help how does a person go about learning how to use chi energy. thanks

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

What do you mean by "chi energy"? If you mean some sort of field you can control, akin to the Force in Star Wars, then nothing will help you control that, as it doesn't exist. If you mean awareness of your own body, better balance and perhaps increased mobility, then probably yes.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

chi denny exist lad.
    get your head out the cloud and your backside on ground.
    because thats what'll happen if you try using chi in a fight.

really though. chi in martial arts is just a term for IZOF.
    when an athlete gets into the right mental state for peak performance.
    meditative tai chi is great for letting you get into the optimal state of arousal for an activity.

4. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Chi does exist - but as a metaphor for a range of things that combine to give health and efficient fighting techniques - balance and breathing and biomechanics and attitude and intent and determination and posture and --- well you get the picture.

In fairness, 'the force' chi certainly does exist for some people - in other words there are people who truly and genuinely believe in it - however I have never seen anything done by any mystical 'chi' that cannot be better and more simply explained in more rational and scientific terms.

Robert's get out of jail card... (Which I teach all my students) Just because I believe or do not believe in something does not make that thing true or false. Learn and practice and find out for yourself...

5. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

If you can

- run 5 miles,
    - spar 15 rounds,
    - wrestle 15 rounds,

and still breath normal, you have Chi energy, otherwise, you don't.

6. snewchybewchy

snewchybewchy Valued Member

i prefer your answer to zaad's more insulting answer. but now i know what chi properly is and i think i misinterpreted a few aspects of chi

7. I fail to see any insult in Zaad's answer!

Osu!

8. Please explain what "breath normal" means? :confused:

Osu!

9. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

You are not breath so fast that you almost get heart attack. In other words, you lung can function normal to support your activity. To me, that's Qi.

10. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I don't see that either. Sometime "truth" can be "common sense" to someone, but "insult" to others ("evolution" is a good example).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  11. Ahhh, I see, thank you; you mean breathing normally; not being out of breath or winded.
    I don't know if it is Qi... not being winded after running 5 miles, sparring or wrestling 15 rounds, feels more like insane VO2max and tremendous movement efficiency.

Osu!

12. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

13. Very good! :D

I cannot see the video from the left side of the GFWOC, but I've bookmarked it for the future. :)
    Thanks

Osu!

14. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Chi-Qi-Ki-Jing Qi Shen-Khi-Prana-Neiye-Kundalini-Vitalism-Reductionism-SW Force

Means,

"I hope I can do something, in denial, my mind can deceive me"

15. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi,

You know it's interesting but I think you could also argue that if you were to do any of the above and you were TOTALLY out of breath but you carried on.... That would be Chi as well...

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Chi = energy.

You could be unable to do those things and still have chi, because everryone who is alive has chi. Only corpses have no chi.

It's not rocket science, just plain old ordinary science! The existance of energy in the human body has been known about for a long time. But people get so hung up on the idea that chi is some kind of 'supernatural energy', it's crazy!

To the OP: if doing Taiji interests you then do Taiji. Yes you will experience the use of your energy in a different way than if you went for a long run (for example) but it's still energy, not a 'mystical force'.

17. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

apologies if you were insulted but it was a wee joke in scottish colloquial dialect and attitude.
    im trying to integrate with the natives here so im using as much slang as possible like "denny".

18. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

Practice long enough and you will feel it. Master it? Not really as it would be the same as trying to "master" your eyesight or hearing.You just see,just hear,and in the case of chi,just feel.

19. alsal

alsal Valued Member

hi guys so what do you think of this video?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fc0bI5CPuk&feature=related"]Ripleys Believe It or Not! A Qigong (chi kung) Master Emits Heat From Hand at Over 200 degrees - YouTube[/ame]

so is chi not real then even when I can feel it forcing my to hands apart like to negative magnets pushing apart

i see personally much more benefit from leaning something that can heal then destroy at the end of the day you want to be dangerous but in reality it only takes some one with a gun to finish you off and thats as dangerous or more so any one can distort but how many can love and heal, man I sound like such a hippy but its true

20. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Fairly classic bit of trickery. The 'water' that he soaks the tissue in is actually a chemical which causes the aluminium to oxidise and produce heat. Nothing impressive.

Psychological only. Convince yourself that you feel them pulling together, and you will.

I see personally much more benefit in learning something real and of use than another scam. I'm a big fan of magic tricks, and practice them quite intensively at the moment, but I don't try to pretend I'm doing anything mystical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.