TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Heh, well I've been busy recently. There aren't really any photos of my on that website, though in the gallery under February in the pic with the lines of students, I was in that - it was at my last grading - but you can't really see, cause the pics so small. And in the video section where our sabums are doing all these different moves - that was filmed at the demonstration and enrolment at the beginning of September which I attended and then signed up to start classes. Hopefully at the next grading I might win the Best Grading award, then there'll be a photo of me on the site. I don't have any photos of me in my training gear, otherwise I'd post them for y'all. :)

2. tkdhkddave

tkdhkddave Valued Member

OK, but the question was aimed at ppl who DON'T have one!

Unless you want two of course.

3. tnt

tnt New Member

Hi all,

2nd Kup Red Belt here! Training at Daventry, Rugby and Lutterworth under Mr Jackson White and Mr Patrick Carter. Have also trained for a few months at Banbury and Milton Keynes under Mr Phil Thomas.

Have been to squad training quite a few times, although last time I did it was about a year ago. Squad training is with Mr Kenny Walton with whom I had trained briefly many-many years ago when I was at Bradford Uni. Regrettably, I didn't get very far; partying got the better of me!! ;-)

T

4. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

the world

welcome tnt! :)
    squad must be brill, i'd love to go! keep up the training, are you doing the english? we just got the info for the world through, £30 per event!!!! bloody rip off,if you want to participate at all the events it'll cost you £180! lol! :eek:
    im not sure whether i can be bothered to arrange it all, but i will go if some people from my club are going! road trip!!! :D
    any black belts thinking of competing? the "disclamer" they had written on the info was funny, it said "it is the instructor's responsability to make sure students who enter are of world championship standards. no "oh i'll just have a go then"" hehe! thats me out the picture then lol.

5. tnt

tnt New Member

Hi Cavallin,
    Yeah, I'll be doing the English... but I'll have to lose some weight to get down to middleweights!! Don't fancy fighting continuous in the heavyweight division!!

As for the World Champs... even though I believe I am of "world championship standards" hehehe, I won't be a black belt, so I won't enter!! I'll probably be there cos it'll be fun and a few BBs are doing it, including one of my instructors, Pat "The Terminator" Carter... (you would've seen him if you were at the 20th anniversary event. He was in one of the featured full contact fights)

Hmmm... now if I could only find out how to attach pics...

6. tnt

tnt New Member

Here are a couple of pics...

One of Patrick Carter and the other with Pat, Jackson White and Kenny Walton.

BTW, squad training is great. For both, fitness and sparring! A lot of running, sprinting, padwork and obviously sparring. You get to spar all sorts of people. And if you feel lucky you can go to the BBs/squad members side and get a real good kicking.

When I first went I was only a green tag and Kenny decided to divide us in weight divisions... Who do I get? Warren Vice!! Nuff said!

Laters

Attached Files:

7. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

hey, does Pat Carter "own" High Wycome club? they nicked the trophy from us last year in the South easts lol!
    our bb team won the 20th anniversary!!! gooD old little eastbourne!! well and brighton of course!
    i got to lose weight too, cos dont want to be in heavy weight for sure!! my pic is on here if you fancy saying hi at the english lol!

8. tnt

tnt New Member

Yeah, High Wycombe is his too.

See you at the English then... Got to go out for a jog now! :)

Laters!

9. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

I saw that fight between Pat Carter and Brian Boyce from Scotland. It was all guns blazing out there.Great stuff!! :woo:

10. CarnotaurusX

CarnotaurusX New Member

Well thought I may as well join in this topic, anyway I got to the eastham club under the teaching of Richard Saunders, also did anyone from here go to the deeside tournament?

11. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Aye, myself, Funkymonk and Gaz Shaw are from Deeside.

Funkymonk and I took Silver and Gold in Blue/Red Patterns, Funky took Silver in Middle Weight Sparring, I took Gold in Heavy Weight and Gaz took Silver in Cadet Black Belt sparring.

How did you get on mate?

12. CarnotaurusX

CarnotaurusX New Member

I got bronze in white/yellow/green sparring....even though he got 9-0 o_O;;; I still can't work that out as there was about 6-8 contenders.

13. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

You probably got a by in first round and went straight to Semi's which gives both semi final loosers bronze.

You have to turn up and get in the ring still, which is something alot of people don't do.

14. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

2 days till the English!!

got my picture ready? i'll be disapointed if i dont get random people come up to me on the day lol!
    after the english, we're having a seminar with Willie Lim aka "the master locksmith" i think he is 7/8th Dan in TKD and once ran the entire TKD in New Zealand. he is also a 7th (?) Dan in Karate. apparently my intructor is quite good friends with him which is cool and this is going to be my first seminar, can u belive it and im a 1st dan! shame on me. but anyway, has he ever done any seminars at other TAGB clubs?
    last seminar, he picked on my friend rhys, and did all this pressure point stuff on him, i wish i could have seen it.
    *good luck for everyone going to the english *

:D starting a "keep the TAGB thread alive campain" *join me!* :D

15. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

forgot to say :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    no thanx, rubber leg man!! good old warren vice huh...anyone else ever had to fight him?

16. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

I won't be at the English because i've got a pre black belt training session with Mr Peros in Cardiff so good luck to anyone who's competing. :)

17. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

PRELIMS!!!! GOOD LUCK! been to any yet? ours with dave oliver suprised my black tag friend hehehe told him...

18. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Yes i went to one last week with Ron Sergiew near Birmingham. He spent most of the lessson telling us what was expected of us and what happens in the grading.We didn't do any patterns or sparring but in the last 2 minutes of the class he made us do 50 burpees. It might not sound much now but it killed me at the time and i thought i was pretty fit. People were stopping and he was shouting at them about having indominatable spirit. I think they're trying to weed out the people who aren't ready for their black belt but to be honest i think i'm ready so i should stop worrying. :)

19. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

yes at last they are actually trying to make the bb grading harder! hurray! we are also asked to be harder in terminology at the colour belt grading. there is one tonight so im dressing up im my blazor :)

20. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

What happened with your black tag friend then?