Taekwondo Websites

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Jeffkins, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Jeffkins

Jeffkins Sleuth Diplomacy

Do you know any good ones? Any ones that do anything particularly well? Like how they explain demonstrate forms? Or display their photos? Any awesome features?
    My website is in my sig if you want to also give me some feedback about my club's website.
    Also can you tell me if you can make out what the favicon is a picture of, and if it is hard to make out.

Thanks in advance

2. dark belt

dark belt Valued Member

3. KingNoodle

KingNoodle Back In Black

4. Jeffkins

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

TKDtutor.com

6. Jeffkins

People this is about website features, not about just posting a link. Duh.
    Lame.

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

This whole asking for help thing. You suck at it!

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Actually go to the website and you will see it is a good one.

Like you asked for.

Duh.

9. Jeffkins

I think of it more as asking for funtastic input, rather than help, exactly.

10. Jeffkins

I can see it's a good website, but I want to know why YOU think it's a good website. I can quickly trawl through a heap of tkd websites and and see what I like about them, but I want to know what other people look for in a tkd website and what they get out of them the most.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

No worries

12. samurai_chris

samurai_chris New Member

13. jimeade

jimeade Valued Member

I'll back you up on this website, entertaining AND informative

14. liero

liero Valued Member

i will third tkd tutor. it has a nice balanced opinion and is as jimeade said "both informative and funny"

15. YoungMan68

YoungMan68 Valued Member

TKDTutor has loads of pages dealing with practically every aspect imaginable of Taekwondo, including forms, history, self defense, etc.
    Although it is ITF and Gen. Choi oriented, I can forgive it for that.

16. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Why do you say that?
    There is nothing in the site operator's background to indicate he was ever ITF or that he even met Mr. Choi is there?
    I find the site to be great, very informative and balanced. If there seems to be a lot of info on the ITF, I guess that is because it was the 1st world wide governing body for TKD. If there is a lot of info on Mr Choi I gues that was because he named the Art, wrote the 1st books on TKD, made the 1st Korean forms and sread it around the world, long before anyone else. He also had a worldwide following of millions all moving in a fairly standard way, unprecidented in the history of MAs.
    Finally is there anything that you find inaccurate or shaded towards any particular view point?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  17. Jeffkins

http://tkdtutor.com/02Taekwondo/Post9-11TKD.htm

The part where he is particularly shaded towards being a bit of a nut.

" ... terrorist attackers who are highly intelligent, sane individuals who calmly and impartially, with no concern for their own lives, want to kill you simply because you do not believe in their religion. Terrorists are unafraid to die; in fact, they cherish the possibility they may die."

"If we are to defeat an enemy that lives among us and pretends to be one of us, but is just waiting for an opportunity to kill us, then the games must end! The martial arts, Taekwondo included, must stop being merely sports taught to children while pretending to be martial arts. They must return to their roots and again become REAL MARTIAL ARTS that are capable of defeating the enemy."

18. Jeffkins

19. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Well I am not sure how your above 2 replies addresses my question. I am trying to find out why YoungMan68 & others, yourself included feel this wonderful and informative TKD website is "ITF & Gen Choi oriented". YoungMan68 makes mention of the wealth of info on the site. However I am trying to find out why some may think it is slanted that way. I find no indication he ever met or trained with Mr. Choi or was ever a member of the ITF or been certified by them. It seems that he has a personal MA library of some 300 books and has done an awful lot of research. He also seems to be a good writer.
    As far as your quotes above I am not sure I see your point. He obviously is a proud former member of the military in his Country and has apparently been affected by an attack on his homeland. I happen to think it is nice that he sees value in TKD training in building SD skills and bringing people together. In any event what does any of your responses have to do with why the site may be slanted towards the ITF & its 1st president?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  20. Jeffkins

Well I was just addressing the the fun bit that said "ANY particular viewpoint" cos, you know, I can.

But in regards to being slanted towards the ITF, I'm not sure but the tenets he describes are the ones used by the ITF right? That is of course a good thing to include, but he at no point explains that not all styles use those tenets. Also, his information about WTF sparring is quite out of date; but that could just be him not keeping his info updated.

If anything, I would say he has a slight slant towards his own organisation, constantly referencing them as if they are the lead example, but nothing unforgivable.

The quotes I chose represented what I thought were the best examples of his tendency to generalise too much, and to be particularly ignorant.

And come on, the grinch who stole taekwondo?