T1000 is closer than you think!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by StevieB8363, Mar 28, 2012.

1. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

Idiot scientist develops metallic "cells" - evidently hasn't seen Terminator II

I think the lunacy of this idea is self-evident. While the prudent among us are preparing for Z-Day, I'm really not sure about how to defend myself from a swarm of metallic nano-creatures that will consume all in their path.

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Grey goo scenarios really only have one possible survival strategy - be ready to upload to the nano-mass as they slowly consume you.

3. StevieB8363

How exactly do I accomplish that? I've yet to find a company that offers a neural-socket installation.

Perhaps there's a wireless option?

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

That is awesome, but at the same time I'm really annoyed he gets credit for disproving that all life has to be carbon based when I've been saying that for ages. But I guess he has "evidence" and stuff.

5. StevieB8363

Yeah, scientific method is a real pain for the free-thinker.

6. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Wow, that's pretty cool! I am curious to know what this "special saline solution" is.

7. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I was thinking "that's pretty cool" until it got to the self replicating bit, then it got a touch "ooooookay probably not a good plan."

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

At a guess, water with metallic salts.

You just have to hope that by the time they've got to you they've evolved a comprehension of the human brain.

You also kind of have to hope that they're not needlessly cruel and decide not to leave you in virtual agony.

9. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Of course metallic cells exist....

[​IMG]

10. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

hostalavista baby!