Sword & Buckler clip!

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Louie, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Like the 'buckler-cam' view in this up and coming video on sword and buckler based on techniques and tactics in the medieval I.33 manual!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpF0_mhMtfo"]YouTube - Agilitas.tv: Learn to fight with sword and buckler[/ame]

Louie

2. Keith P. Myers

Keith P. Myers Valued Member

The guys from Hammaborg are great! I'm looking forward to getting this DVD. I have some of the other HEMA vids that Agilitas has produced and they do a great job.

Keith

3. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

I've been watching theese people when I've been to Swordfish in Malmo/Gothenborg, they have done loads and loads of free-sparring, not just going through the 2d manuals. Unfortunately that doesn't show on this video (IMO) :(

I wonder what the purpose of this video is. If it is to demonstrate techniques, they are too blurry; at least for people with my level of understanding of I-33.
    If it is to show their abilities, it fails epically, as I've seen how good they are.

If the point was to seem melodramatic, I guess they've succeeded.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. Keith P. Myers

Keith P. Myers Valued Member

I think the clip is just a promotional "teaser." When they do the actual instruction they will break it down and go much slower. That's the way the other Agilitas videos were done. At the beginning of the DVD they would have a short clip of a duel done in historical costume and in an historical setting. But when it came time for the instruction, they were in modern athletic clothing and got right down to business.

Keith