Surviving a Bar Fight (Burn Notice)

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by JaxMMA, Nov 29, 2011.

1. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

I'm a big fan of the Burn Notice show, but I didn't know about these short clips "Ask a spy".

I couldn't find a Youtube link, but found it on Hulu:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/58607/burn-notice-surviving-a-bar-fight

Seems like pretty decent advice: try to avoid fight at any cost, but if you must fight scare the opponent by making them think you're crazy :woo:

Discuss.

2. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Stupid video... only available in the US :mad: Makes me want to invent a curse word this long *********************************************

But yes, psychological supremacy is a great weapon. A sadistic smile goes a long way :evil:

3. JaxMMA

4. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

It's a good strategy, and it works, lol, but I wouldn't want to have to have that long talk with the cops explaining why the dozens of witnesses who thought I was a nutcase are wrong. And if I did really go bonkers, it'd probably show up on the news, Slip would find it, and I'd never hear the end of it from all of you guys (once I'd gotten out of jail and resurrected the thread, that is). :hat:

On the plus side, I could easily resurrect the "You Fightin'" thread as well.

5. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

I still like this though
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQVaTEPOsTA"]Bas Rutten's Street Fighting - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

6. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

Some good basic stuff from Bas Rutten, got me thinking though, how many martial artists training in traditional arts would be caught out by someone like that or who fights like that?

7. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Feigning insanity may scare off your attacker, but it will severely limit your ability to pull afterwards.

8. ShangChi

ShangChi KRAV MAGA!

"No salesman will refuse you a refund when you're down on all fours sniffing his crotch and baying at the moon."

Wise words from a wise man I know

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Bruce Campbell is in it

Therefore Awesome

10. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

11. Hannibal

Unless you are facing Bruce Campbell - then even Bas would not be enough

12. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

I always keep him in my bag right next to Chuck Norris.

13. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

It worked for Chopper, or so he claims. He was alone in a fight against 15 or so people. So he did what he had to too scare them. He stabbed out one of their eyes and eat it in front of them and grinned like a maniac. They ran for their lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopper_Read

I have winked and even a blew a kiss at a guy once. Then grin like a maniac. It kinda did the trick...

14. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

True.

There's just no KO'ing a guy with a chin like that. :hat:

15. Hannibal

I kissed an uke during my 1st dan test to break a hold - whilst he was wigging out I swept him...true story! Really!

16. Hannibal

Bruce Campbell's chin can in fact kill you if he points it at you. It can also blind you like the sun if you stare at it too long.

17. Hannibal

Bruce Campbell is the answer to life the universe and everything, although it is a common mistake to assume that it is 42. Bruce made this up to stop god from bothering him.

18. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

When a guy who goes by "Hannibal" kisses you, you have to figure it's a taste test! Come to think of it, you might get a lot of mileage from people who'd resist you if you were to wear the face mask...

19. BrawlArtist

BrawlArtist Valued Member

I can confirm that this will work. They'll either back off or be so mad they won't be able to think straight. Although I think being a bit off to begin with is a necessity.

On a side note theres a sketch comedy program from Australia ( I believe) that does a bunch of Chopper Read bits, they're actually TOO funny.

They're all brilliant but I'm afraid have too many rude words for MAP

Mitch

Edit: Haha wow, never even crossed my mind. It's pretty much full blown profanity from square one eh? Consider me chastised.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  20. JaxMMA

Would biting off someone's ear during a fight work?

:evil: