STREET FIGHT REAL SELF DEFENSE

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by hassane86, Apr 24, 2015.

1. hassane86

hassane86 Banned Banned

2. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

thats an oldie

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What do you feel is good about it?

To be honest it just looks like Aikido in jeans.

4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I always presumed that was just a show reel for someone who wanted to get into fight choreography/stunt work.

5. Docholiday

Docholiday Valued Member

Not much is "real" about that self defense, no attacker lunges at you with a single attack and poses with his arm out. The moves are all very crisp,clean, and choreographed. This is only impressive to the untrained or those that haven't ever sparred or tried to execute technique on a resisting opponent. This is a start, the problem with these types of videos is these guys never show their sparring footage to give their audience a realistic expectation, they only release demos that make them look good. If their sparring really looked like this there would be no reason not to share it, it would make them look even better. But that's why most arts only show demos on YouTube and other places, their sparring looks nothing like the demo, if they even spar at all. Of course some will do a few one steps and slightly random drills with a little pressure and call it sparring but it isn't sparring in the same aspect as judo randori or boxing sparring. The video is nice I'm not trying to take away from it, I'm just trying to put things in perspective for those that might not know better.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Not really - just one of a million martial arts in street clothes videos

7. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

That is not how real violence looks. Its more like this
    https://youtu.be/DEBU6ongtaQ

This isnt going to teach you much, but some of this is how people will ACTUALLY attack you.

That looks like something straight out of a Seagal movie.