Stoke on trent thai boxing

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by gonebursar, May 9, 2005.

1. gonebursar

gonebursar Valued Member

After much searching for my nearest muay thai gym i found one in tunstall,but i am wondering if anyone has any experience of this gym and whether it is any good or not. It seems to be one of many run by master sken, but i dont know if thats good or not.

any comments would be helpful.

thanks

2. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

where are you from? that is jon steele's gym who is alright, but not as hardcore as mine. if you wana come train with us we train in the michelin gym in newcastle on mondays at 7pm, and then in ryan hall in tunstall (on the road towards smallthawn-big hill) tuesdays and thursdays at 7pm. our teacher is keith grainger, also affiliated with master sken, but better than jon steeles ;)

3. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

I know and have trained with John Steele as well as having private lessons with him, he is good and very friendly, I have never met Keith Grainger but know of him, a friend of mine trained with him for a while but found the training too tough! If I was you I would go along to both classes to take a look then make a decision of your own, you can decide if you want "real Hardcore" or to be able to walk the next day and still get up for work.

Not wanting to get in to an argument, but who says who is better ?

4. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

me because im trying to sell my club ;)

keith does like to work people hard (trained in thailand you see), and we have some very heavy kickers in our club, but we aint sadistic or anything :D

5. gonebursar

gonebursar Valued Member

Thanks for the info, didnt know about the newcastle club, thats probably closer to me than the tunstall one which is miles away.

6. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

its only in newcastle on mondays- tunstall on tuesdays and thursdays (however il give you a lift if you are turn up to a few monday sessions). do you know where the michelin gym is? it is near hanford roundabout (out of newcastle and past focus/tesco area).

7. gonebursar

gonebursar Valued Member

****,mondays i do kung fu just realised. i was thinkingof signing up to thai boxing once i got out of college like cos its heavier contact than kung fu but i dont wanna givr up kung fu. ill have to have a look around. do you have any info on prices and such?

8. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

yup

monday 7pm michelin gym, newcastle £3 (2.50 if your a gym member)
    tuesday 7pm ryan hall, tunstall £3
    thursday 7pmryan hall, tunstall £3

the instructors name is Keith Grainger

if you want to see what we do come down to the michelin on campbell road, stoke (not the gym), on sunday. we are putting on a demo at 2.30pm to attract new members.

9. Ghoul

Ghoul your newest role model

where is the michelin gym, i can't seem to find it

10. Norton Kelly

Norton Kelly New Member

Are these classes still on?