Steven Seagal... why does it seem everyone is so down on the guy?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jan 10, 2014.

1. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

But you can still buy a burger in Japan :evil:

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Ja, and you can buy veggies in the States :evil::evil:

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Yes, but they are flavourless. They're huge and shiny and look really pretty... but when you eat them they taste of nothing. Just like the meat. Huge juicy steaks from cows pumped full of growth hormones. When you cook them... oh dear, no flavour.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You DO know he is a vegetarian don't you?

Clearly he needs some meat in his diet to help him trim down

5. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

no, he just needs to eat less. :) doesn't do anyone any good to eat healthy, yet eat a metric ton of it.

6. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

things are changing here. a lot of people are no longer interested in the typical junk that markets used to sell us. we don't want no stinkin' pesticides nor hormones.

7. belltoller

You just earned the "Sad But True" post award of the week. :(

8. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Hannibal, he's not a vegetarian and never has been. In fact, there were at least two episodes of his reality show when he took his fellow police officers out to a Japanese Restaurant and nothing that they ate was vegetarian. So no, he doesn't even appear on happy cow. That's a list that we vegans update based on real information of who is and who isn't vegan and vegetarian.

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

"The Vegan Hit List" :D

10. Hannibal

Your list needs updating old son - never mind I am sure you can soap-box something out of it

http://www.vegangal.com/resources/famous-vegans/

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/Saints/ARHallOfFame/StevenSeagal.htm

http://kbforum.dragondoor.com/kettl...168-did-you-know-steven-segal-vegetarian.html

11. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Hannibal, just because he had done some honorable things does not make him a vegan or vegetarian. Here is the "main" list that all others are judged by. His name doesn't appear because he's not. I watched him eat a live lobster on his tv show. That is not a vegetarian or vegan.

http://www.happycow.net/famous_celebrities_vegetarians3.html#S

12. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Sorry, wait, why is that the main list?

13. Hannibal

Because opinion thats why

14. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Because HappyCow.net is the place where all vegans go to find restaurants around the world as well as specific resources. It's well known in the vegan and vegetarian community. The only people who don't know are people who aren't part of the community. It has been the place to go to look up and/or verify vegans/vegetarians for as long as I can remember. At least ten years or longer.

15. philosoraptor

Does it have any overweight vegetarians?

16. Hannibal

Its like the Priory of Sion...but with lentils

17. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

philosoraptor, yes, Alec Baldwin is on the list. :)

18. philosoraptor

So it's pretty obviously not just the American diet right? I think the proper thing to do is not castigate Seagal for his weight, like schoolchildren, when this could be due to any number of causes, and instead call him out for the slick of You know we aren't actually getting dumber, yes? Please stop the masked profanity. Clever or otherwise. that he is in other areas of life.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  19. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

I have been told that Alec Baldwin has similar problems and/or damage to his spine that Jerry Lewis has. Do you know what happened to JL when he attached a specific device that feeds him medicine automatically every two hours? His metabolism crashed and his weight ballooned. To my knowledge, Alec Baldwin is the only vegan in public attention that is heavy. As for Steven, he just needs to stop using his mouth as a garbage can. His weight has been ballooning ever since he hit 30. Look at his movies. He's never been slim because he eats, and eats, and eats. This has been shown a few times in his tv series: Steven Seagal Lawman.

20. belltoller

To be fair...the wife eats and eats and eats and eats - I'm being conservative when I guesstimate that she consumes 40 - 50% by mass more food than I do and she's still thin as a rail.

Were does it all go? Hyper, hyper, hyper metabolism and/or her Han genetics. My oldest son is the same way - worse. god blind me, he never stops eating - ever. Bone thin.

I, on the other hand, I canna go near food within a metre or I gain weight :mad:

Every cell in my being must be programmed with some sort of "conserve fat, conserve protein, conserve nutrients at all cost" code.
    My other son is the same way.

Its hateful.

We go to dim-sum and the food carts servicing our table are so numerous they have to bring in a traffic-cop to keep order. Of course the food carts aren't for me... I have to sit there with a little bowl of bok-choy and watch the wife and bairn gorge themselves, lest I forget myself and have a few milligrams of chicken and wake up 2 st heavier the next morning.

I canna say for Seagal, or anyone else for that matter; but not every fatty is so from uncontrollable gluttony.