Started late?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by JamieW, Apr 13, 2010.

1. JamieW

JamieW Valued Member

I started muay thai around 6 months ago, and i am 18 years old, nearly 19.
    i really want to fight profesionally sometime in the future when im ready and hope to start MMA a short while after afew fights. Do you think i have started to late to make it big. also if you could give me any adive on training( routines etc)

i havnt got any equipment at home because i have no where to put anythink i go to a gym 3 times a week to train. is there anythink i could do inbeetween that you lot do to help me get better?

Thanks

2. Ashiro

Ashiro Doko wa neko desu ka

I personally wouldn't say you're too old but it depends on your club. I've come across some terrible ageism in my club and I'm only in my 20's. You'd think I was in my 80's with the way people treat me.

3. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

On your days in between classes, try running, working your abs, and stretching at least. You can add in some bodyweight exercises and the like once your stamina improves. Other than that save most of your energy for your classes.

4. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

I don't think 18 is too old to become pro. Just gotta work harder than those with a head start.

Damn i wish i was 18 again! :(

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

WTF you are making me feel old at 22.....

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm 26. Can I have my pension please?

Seriously, what is it with people under 20 thinking they're too old to start MA. Middle age doesn't start until 35 for chrissakes.

7. Kusog

Kusog Valued Member

Worry not, JamieW. I'm kinda in the same boat (I've trained in prior styles before kickboxing, but I haven't had any professional bouts yet), but nothing's set in stone. Turning 18 today, so I have no time to waste. Good luck for the both of us!

8. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

9. JamieW

JamieW Valued Member

Thats eased my mind lol.

id love to make it to the ufc. think i started to late for that. but you never know. i train hard! very hard!

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Oh sod off!

11. JamieW

JamieW Valued Member

:confused:

12. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I have the years as you have posts. 18? The only thing you're too old for is a 15 year old

13. Jjf88

Jjf88 Valued Member

Not if the police don't find out about it!

Dude, it's never ever too late. It's not about your age, it's about the determination and dedication you put into it. Can you get up at 6 every morning and go running? And not miss a training session just because you cba? It's all on you mate. :D