Star Wars TV series...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jesh, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Ok, so I've been a big fan of Star Wars all my life... and now there are rumours about Lucasfilm starting a TV series. I'm really curious how they're going to do it and what the storyline will be... apparently it will fit in the timeline between episode III and IV. Also the costs per episode would be around 1 to 2 million dollars, so that seems promising to say the least...

Any comments ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4484915.stm

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=32743&type=0

2. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

Here's the official scoop, my friend. George Lucas personally confirmed the series a few months ago. It will indeed be set sometime in between III and IV, and will focus on minor/new characters. It will be live-action and each episode will be an hour long. There are 100 episodes planned. That translates to about 4 or 5 seasons. It will either begin airing in 2007 or 2008.

Any other details are not known at this time. They're still in the later planning stages. They wont even begin shooting until later 2006.

3. Jesh

Man, I really can't wait. I'm really curious to see which new characters are introduced. Maybe Mara Jade...

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

?

it would make sense to include her as it would tie in nicely with the expanded universe..

mind you, Jedi Ewoks would be a tad too far..

:)

5. Jesh

Uhuh... how does this look ???

I think it looks great, and it's a pic from Lucasfilm so... this will probably the actress who will play her.

Attached Files:

• mj6.jpg
      mj6.jpg
      File size:
      36.2 KB
      Views:
  6. Tefeari

Tefeari Valued Member

"Mara Jade Skywalker (born 21 or 17 BBY (Before the battle of Yavin), depending on source)" - Wikipedia entry

Meaning that she is about as old as Luke, so its doubtful she would be the main character unless she was going to be a teen.

Thats a really old picture and its actually "Mara Jade, as portrayed by Shannon McRandle, for the Star Wars Customizable Card Game" - Wikipedia entry

I know that makes me sound like a star wars geek but I just used wikipedia :p

7. Jesh

Well, it could have been nice... ;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  8. PsiCop

I'm interested to see what new characters they'll introduce.

9. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

Pfff, mara jade is over rated. She is an independent woman who is tough and cranky. We got lots of those in pop culture. All the cool female charecters who are tough and independent often look cool too.

Like Shiki from samurai showdown!

10. Playful Giant

Playful Giant Banned Banned

Errr, am I missing something - this was announced in the UK about two months ago and it was going to be a series on Boba Fett. It was going to follow him as he makes a name for himself as one of the galaxy's most fearsome bounty hunter. Mark Hamill was going to do some voices in it and help with production. There would be some Jedi involved, as well as Darth himself

11. LohanSolo

LohanSolo New Member

After RoTJ would be best...

I want the wobbly-necked-god to make films of the books after Return of the Jedi... when the silly rebels become the Empire they fought so long to destroy and Grand Admiral Thrawn kicks they're butts with the remnants of the Empire that brought a new order to the Galaxy! :cool:

Hehehe
    "You rebel scum!!!"

12. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

Just think of them as fury Yodas :D

13. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

A series based around the Thrawn books would be dam good!
    As for Ewoks well come on guys you have to have Lt Ketch!!

Yub yub commander :D

14. Jesh

As the Emperor's Hand... I doubt if I would call her overrated... LOL

15. special43543

special43543 Special Member

I heard somewhere that they are planning to have a million dollar budget per episode. Any truth to this?

16. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I saw a Star Trek documentary years ago which said that most episodes cost about a million dollars. So, a million dollars for Star Wars seems about right. The TV show will be huge simply because of the Star Wars name and they'll probably be able to charge whatever they want for advertising spots... :D

17. Jesh

Yeah, in a report I saw recently on TV they mentioned something like a million dollars. I just hope there will be plenty of action.

18. Splinter

Splinter Valued Member

BAN IT(Mabye)

I an not trying to troll, but as a die hard Star Wars fan i beleve that unless carfully monitered the show could potentialy ruin Star Wars for many people. So if after the first 5 episodes i seens like it will be a farce try to get is Banned

19. PsiCop

Well, if there are no more movies, a TV series is the only way for the saga of Star Wars to continue growing at the rate it has. I know it has games and books, but a film or TV medium is the only way it'll stay strong to the general public.

20. Song1

Song1 New Member

million dollars just seems alittle high to me, but if it works i sure won't complain about watching it. i'm not sure how much more they can really do. i like seeing more star wars content but i think there starting to milk the series for all the money its worth.