Something profound that I learnt from Silat...

Discussion in 'Silat' started by pakarilusi, Mar 14, 2011.

1. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

I've done 3 Styles of Silat...

This is one of the most profound lessons I learnt...

"No one is as good as everyone put together..."

Meaning, no matter how good you are at fighting, if everyone gangs up on you and they themselves are good at fighting, you will lose.

Simply put, you cannot beat everyone at once.

Sounds like common sense but it does put it all in perspective, one person can only do so much...

So if you go crazy, we'll go crazy on you... :)

It is the "check and balance" in Silat... Important, as it is a weapons Art.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. Shihabudeen

Shihabudeen Valued Member

Peace and blessings be with you, if God Almighty is with you it does not matter who is against you... they will lose... I tell you truly my silat teacher would beat the heck out of all twenty of us students of his one at a time and all together on a regular basis and some of us had twenty years of training under him... he was unmatched and to approach him was one of the most horrific feelings you can imagine... he was truly superhuman.... and none of us can honestly say we could do what he did... and we were all twenty or thirtysomethings... while he was twenty years older... such is life... among the blessed...

3. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Because it was one at a time.

If you all attacked him relentlessly all at once, I think he would not prevail. Really attack, with padded weapons simulating blades.

Try it if you don't believe me.

But you have to really attack.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

After reading this carefully I reached the following conclusion - bollocks

5. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Hannibal, that's getting straight to the point. ;)

6. Shihabudeen

Shihabudeen Valued Member

I would hope that someday you would encounter such a person... who will inspire you by his example to believe in something extraordinary... not just because of what you may see but simply from the reality they live.... which is real and uncommon... these are great teachers....

7. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Aku mengalah... (I give up!) :p

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Good thinking....