Some Tips On Kicking

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andy Murray, Mar 20, 2008.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

As short as this response was, it is closer to the reality

2. God'sGift

God'sGift Valued Member

I like the part about how skinny guys with smaller legs can kick harder. Just makes me feel better about having skinny legs and being a hard gainer! :)

3. God'sGift

God'sGift Valued Member

Guess that makes us good for something, lol

4. MrGalt

MrGalt Valued Member

What's the evidence that's actually true? It sounds like the old, "Of COURSE Bruce Lee is faster than Mike Tyson" assertion while video evidence shows the opposite.

5. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The kicking also has weak point and that is when you stand on one leg, your balance is poor. If your opponent sweeps or hooks your standing leg, you will have no option but fall.

6. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Unless you have cultivated your chi, then gravity runs away and hides.

So why did you make this post? It's a little like a post on a forum about engine efficiency and you saying, 'yeah but the oil will run out soon so your engine won't work' whilst not untrue, totally pointless to the thread.

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

spike, you'd be surprised at how many noobs simply don't get simple details like that one

8. RagingDelirium

RagingDelirium Valued Member

[​IMG]

9. DamSkippy

DamSkippy Valued Member

i have seen many peeps telgraph their kicks

10. AnxietyCoachJoh

AnxietyCoachJoh Valued Member

I still appreciate everything you have shared. Thanks a lot Andy.

11. Andy Defuson

Andy Defuson Banned Banned

All the techniques you discussed are really awesome but the best one is surprise, as you can easily dominate your competitor fighter by powerful kick for which he was not ready to endure. While getting ready for the surprise is crucial when you are planning to surprise somebody, otherwise it may cause some trouble for you.