Some Points Full Contact Fighters Have Made Over The Years

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Fu_Bag, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I figured this was the best place to put this since it could help save someone's life someday. Here's a link is to an article called

"Combat Psychology and Sports Performance" by Craig Weller

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ance/combat_psychology_and_sports_performance

Definitely a few things to think about when considering how to adapt your training to survive outside of the training hall. There are people around here who've known this stuff for years, but for those who've never been exposed to this information before, it's good to ask questions about this stuff to the people you trust your life to.

2. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Good article, now I know where to find the world's dirtiest strip club. Lemme just call my travel agent...

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Glad I could help! It's important to know how to manage your heart rate in such places. :D

4. That's a good article FuBag, thanks :)

Kyokushin students would do well to put on gloves (and headgear?), and have a go with head punches once in a while.
    A bit of groundwork with and without pounding.
    A bit of defense against takedowns
    A bit of throws / break falls
    The gojuryu type of sparring done at 1/2 speed & 1/2 power, where everything goes (groin, throat & joint strikes; eye gouges, bites, small joint manipulation, tear off of every bit that sticks out, joint locks, throws, etc...) was an eye opener to met.
    A bit of "oh my god he has a knife and I just died" too! :D

OsU!

5. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

You're welcome. Don't forget to hold your students upside down, let them recover in their cages, and then hold them upside down again until it ceases to bother them. ;)

6. LMAO! :D:D

Osu!