some hacker thugs trying to get my map account

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by brisrocket, Feb 18, 2015.

1. brisrocket

brisrocket Taekwondo instructor in Brisbane Australia

Hey all,

This morning i recieved notification that somebody tried to access my MAP account 5 times in a row and locked themselves out. When I traced back the IP they used, I found out it is a popular hacking group.

Just thought you should be aware and consider improving your password if it is as light as mine was!

Stay fast & strong!!

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

It sounds like your light password still worked!

3. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

this is a weird post. how were you able to trace back to the ip they used? are you a map administrator? and how do you know that ip is a popular hacking group? because hackers advertise? "hey look, we're over at this ip!"?

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Those pesky ninja!

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I wonder about that, too.

That said I did have someone hack my eBay account a couple of years ago. They kept changing the password on me when I logged on so I changed the password back and eventually managed to report it to eBay. I managed to find the IP addresses of the people hacking me as well at the time...can't remember exactly but I think it was written at the bottom of some emails I received whenever the password was changed? Maybe it's something like that?

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The forum sends you (i.e. the account owner) an email with the last ip attempt of the failed logins. Nothing sinister going on here ;)

7. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Except, as MOI pointed out,

8. Ninja01

Ninja01 Becky

I actually just got this exact e-mail about someone trying to get into my MAP account.