So...this exists...MFMA Society...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by rabid_wombat, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Heres some more from the wiki article you've copied

"Some of the Krav Maga organizations in Israel, such as the IKMA (Israeli Krav Maga Association, by Haim Gidon), KMF (Krav Maga Federation, by Haim Zut) and Bukan (by Yaron Lichtenstein), K.A.M.I. (Israeli Krav Magen Association) (by Eli Avikzar),[24]*as well as international KMW (Krav Maga Worldwide, by Darren Levine),[25]*use Imi Lichtenfeld's original colored belt grading system which is based upon the*judo ranking system. It starts with White belt, and then Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Brown and Black belts. Black belt students can move up the ranks from 1st to 9th Dan. The time and requirements for advancing have some differences between organizations.Other organizations that teach Krav Maga in and outside of Israel like the International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF), Krav Maga Global (KMG) and International Krav Maga (IKM) use the same grading system based on a series of patches.[26]*The patch system was developed by Imi Lichtenfeld after the belt system in the late 1980s. The grades are divided into 3 main categories; Practitioner, Graduate and Expert. Each of the categories, which are often abbreviated to their initials, has 5 ranks. Grades P1 through to P5 are the student levels and make up the majority of the Krav Maga community.[citation needed]*After P5 are G1-G5, and in order to achieve Graduate level the student has to demonstrate a proficiency in all of the P level techniques before advancing. The majority of instructors hold a G level grade and are civilian instructors. However, passing the instructor's training course is a requirement, and holding a Graduate rank does not necessarily make one an instructor. The Graduate syllabus also builds on the Practitioner syllabus by focusing more on developing fighting skills. The Expert grades cover more advanced military and 3rd party protection techniques as well as advanced sparring and fighting skills. People who hold these ranks tend to teach in other sectors such as military and law enforcement in addition to civilian. In order to progress to Expert level, one has to demonstrate proficiency in all of the Practitioner and Graduate syllabi and have excellent fighting skills. Beyond Expert 5 there is the rank of Master. However, this rank is held by only a small number of individuals and reserved only for those who have dedicated a lifetime to Krav Maga and made valuable contributions in teaching and promoting the style

So blackbelt, and masters.

S

2. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I cannot believe this thread still lives.

Poor video, trite rebuttal to facts, and all around poo.

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

If you're talking about the video in post #4 of this thread, please consider the following suggestion:
    When you see someone practicing by himself or doing a demonstration of his martial art skill, ask yourself if you'd want to be standing in front of that person if he was doing it for real.

:eek:

Practice generally means that he's not doing it for real; we seldom go full tilt when we're practicing the moves. And a demo is by definition choreographed and thus fake. But recognizing that, what "vibes" does he give off? What does his body language say? How much energy does it look like he is generating? Does he look off-balance, or well centered?

Honestly, I've seen some some guys practicing their thing, and I said to myself, "Hell no, I don't want to be standing in front of them." But when I watch the video in post #4 I have the opposite reaction. The dude is off balance, he is not moving from the hips, and he's generating no power in his strikes at all.

So, would I want to be standing in front of him when he was doing his moves? Yes, I would, because I'd knock him to the floor immediately. The test fails. :mad:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  4. Dale Dugas

Dale Dugas My door is always open

Not that bad?

I have seen rabid animals move better than Daw.

5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Hey Dale, been awhile, how are you doing?

6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Dale just came on to save face because as I recall Grandmaster Daw challenged Dale twice-TWICE!- and Dale didn't spend the $ to fly overseas to meet the challenge. Showing that Dale is....not an idiot,I guess.

Nice to see you drop in,Dale.

I missed this thread. Looking at the guy's vids all I can say is when they were made it had been years since I did any actual training and very little practice,out of shape-I coulda destroyed him.
    But you all know what a superbad mama I am.:rolleyes:

And people buy his books and other junk? Must be soul mate to Bodhi Johnson or whatever his name was.