So the RIAA can sue up to $150'000 per downloaded song....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Twimyo Jirugi, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

......how much could they sue you for?

I'm lookin' at about $30 million.

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

343,950,000. I have 2,293 songs in my main folder, unsure of the whole shebang.

3. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

I'll take the 5th. (American answer....if you don't understand, stay up late and watch some old re-runs of Dragnet, Perry Mason, or Law and Order)

Actually, I'm pretty well-behaved, download-wise. I'm a hobby-musician, know lots of folks who earn their living by their music, and my husband and I own a small book and music store, so I have a healthy respect for (and belief in) the copyright laws.

4. Chris_sirhC

Chris_sirhC 6th Kyu, Yoshinkan Aikido

Makes me glad to be canadian... for now...

5. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

F*** the RIAA if they come to my doorsteps i'll punch em in the face...or not..*runs and hides in the closet*

6. Cain

Cain New Member

Makes me glad to be an Indian......for now

:D

|Cain|

7. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I doubt the RIAA cares about Jpop, German industrial, Russian rap, and Dutch trance. I bet 90% of my music is not even American, but nonetheless, *knocks on wood* [​IMG]

8. Commander Zigg

Commander Zigg New Member

Oh, you'd be surprised. If the RIAA can sue a 12 year old girl, then I wouldn't be so sure. I just dont care, because I have no respect for the RIAA, MPAA or the SCA (that the right acronym?). There is no proof that p2p hurts sales at all. In fact, there is much more (and more reliable) proof that p2p helps the industry out, instead of hurting it. It might not make sense immediately, but go to www.slashdot.org, hang around for a few months, and you'll see what I mean. IMO the RIAA is just trying to milk this issue to line their own pockets. However, these days I guess it's easier for "us people" to lay low *searches shadows for ninjas* ;)

9. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

If it wasn't for Napster I wouldn't have half the CD's I do now [​IMG]

10. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Collect this!

They can sue, but can they collect? That's the question. :p
    You can't squeeze blood out of a rock ....unless you use it to bash someones skull in. :D

I've had 900$+ owed to me (court judgment) for nearly a decade, winning the case is only half the battle. On a side note: Check credit references carefully before renting property. ;)