Snakes on a Plane

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Alexander, May 10, 2006.

1. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Starring Samuel L. Jackson. Apparantly hedidn't read the script, but just took one look at the title and said "With a name like that, I'm in!"

Here's the Rough Cut. Well... apparently :D

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Describes a situation where trouble is impossible to avoid. Snakes are bad news, but you can't get away from them when you are on a plane :eek:

Opening up tomorrow here .... expecting it to be reminiscent of the 80's horror films everyone loves that are so bad that they're funny. ... and the movie is played off this premise.

http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/film.jsp?id=155559

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Okay, I'm in. I thought "stupid! Not worth my money!" from the first nanosecond I heard of this movie, but I've now changed my mind. If a movie reviewer refers to the MAP thread "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" to describe a movie (see page 2 of that review), then it's a good movie. :)

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

LOL ... you caught that huh? ;)

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Critics are hating it, that usually means I'll like it.

6. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

Funny as heck to me. I love the quote 'the Best Worst Film of 2006'. :D

The plots bizarre (creating one of the most laughed-at quotes I've read for a while - "a crime lord arranges the release of hundreds on snakes on commercial flight. Will anyone...Hang on a minute... He does what?" :D) and I dunno what Samuel L. Jackson's doing in the film, but I think it may be so bad it'll actually turn out to be darn entertaining. I'll see it at some point that's for sure. :D

7. Beltless

Beltless Banned Banned

I've had it with these mutha ***** snakes on this mutha ***** plane!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNRsGAQ5Ddw&mode=related&search="]YouTube[/ame]

8. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Has anyone seen this yet?

I thought it was great :D Not what I was expecting. Were some cheesy bits obviously, but I loved the humour.

Snakes on crack!?

9. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Hehe, when I was in the cinema and the advert came on for Snakes on a Plane, everyone just burst into histerics at the stupidity of the film!

10. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

I'm waiting for the sequel

Oh you know...

Snakes On A Train :D

11. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

And for when the series gets tiresome, come the 3rd film - 'Snakes On The Wane'? ..ok ok, I'll leave quietly... :D

It looks hilarious and strangely good :D it's on The List of films for me to see in the coming weeks. :) Though...snakes on crack?! :)

12. Beltless

Beltless Banned Banned

For the sequel I'd settle for "Spiders on a Train"...

you know that sounds good.

13. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Surprisingly good. Didn't want to see it at first but enjoyed it all when I went. Go with a few mates and have a good laugh at all the ass kickery, dumb snakes and big Sam!

14. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

*shudders*

You'll know when you see it ;) It cracked me up(!)