Small things we all should/do know but don't do.

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Freeform, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Just a wee thread for daft stuff we know we should do but don't do in practice.

Such as, when doing Tai Otoshi you don't move backwards into uke, the arcing of your arms should pull them onto you.

Or actually breaking ukes balance to the front corner when doing Osoto gari.

What have you guys got?

Col

2. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

DONT WASH YOUR BELT (from previous threads)

and DO make sure that when doing a seoi nage or koshi nage make sure you get low enough so that your belt is below your uke's belt

3. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Amen, MasterSword...
    Oh, I could have a field day with O Soto Gari alone! Body contact! In my dojo, the little ones, especially, are bad about this. As Sensei says, "Kill the daylight!"
    How about dragging your toe on the mat for a foot sweep instead of kicking somewhere near uke's ankle.

4. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Farting while doing Ne-waza, its so unfair, if you have them held and they are treying that hard and let one rip its a total advantage, its like biological warfare.

Kiwi

5. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

The TKD thing is at 1515 on sat right,

In the sports centre, i won't have to pay anything will i

Kiwi

6. Jim

Jim New Member

There are so many 'little' things. Problem is the more they creep in the worse you get. You tend to use strength over technique and before you know it - you're useless!

Train, train and train again! Stand up to mediocrity!

7. lwicks

lwicks New Member

Throwing people!

hehehehe...

Seriously though, I must remember to engage brain and not rely on my fav' throws.

Lance

8. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

Try not to grovel.