Small circle ju jitsu.

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by morphus, Nov 12, 2002.

1. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Has anyone studied small circle ju jitsu from prof' Wally Jay? I've always fancied trying this art, i have a book on the subject, but i'd like someone who has studied it to share there opinion of it!:)

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I've not formally studied Small Circle, but 2 of my instructors have trained quite a bit with him and one of the systems I train in, Shen Chuan, specializes in joint locking and uses a lot of concepts from Small Circle. I'd say, based on what I've seen of it (mostly indirectly), it's an excellent art.

Mike

3. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Not formaly but there were many
    Semiars with Wally & Moder Arnis Grand Master Remy{God Bless his Soul}

4. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

For some reason my Post was cut
    I was Saying God Bless his soul{Remy}

5. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-Prof. Wally Jay is one of the last tresures of an era IMO. I started working w/ him in seminars in the early '80's and have been whipping boy(uke) for Leon at more recent seminars several times. After his major health challanges in 2000, he did a seminar w/ us (due to his poor health, Leon did most of the teaching), but even as he was having severe problems, his focus and intent while directing it was amazing. He was really focused on signaling his assistants to help any student who was having problems, making surethe quality of the instruction and of the art that is his legacy was of the highest quality. As far as the strengths of SCJJ go, Prof.Jay's own study and open collaberation w/ other greats such as Dillman, Remy Presas, and others(including Bruce Lee- who if you ever hear him describe: "Oh, yeah, that cocky Chinese kid who used to wait for me to get home on my curb; I heard he really did well in movies" is mind-blowing to someone of my generation.) helped to evolve an exceptional improvement on how JJ is normally executed. The combination of fulcrum activation, pressure points, and use of small circle work is a powerful combination. I try to respect EVERYONE w/ the dedication to train in the arts, but there aren't TOO many people that impress me. Both Wally and Leon Jay impress me.

6. kensai

kensai New Member

I have Wally Jays book. I think its very informative.

The system is a nice mix of just about everything.

I would recommend it to anyones MA libary.

7. Phi Nguyen

Phi Nguyen New Member

Yeah, I'm studing that right now, as a change of pace from TKD, it's a great!

8. paul paterson

paul paterson Valued Member

Osu.

For those who have not had the pleasure of being in the Dojo with either Wally or Leon Jay, then please go to one of their seminars. Not only are they both knowledgeable and very kind and parting with what they know. So please go and take part as you will be on the tip of your toes for ever.

Osu.

Paul Paterson.